Das ****** Schnitzel

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MrPink

Bainisteoir Páirteanna
Reaction score
So I have a few updates for those that are actually following along.

I replaced my cigarette lighter with one of those power ports(with volt gauge), fixed all the warning lamp issues, redid the tail pipe on the exhaust, added some new lamps(orange "Euro" side markers), and have just been enjoying driving it. I also used some of the sound deadening that was left over from Stitch in the trunk. And I will be buying other stuff(thicker)for the passenger compartment.

You must be registered for see images attach

I am averaging 22-26mpg which is about normal since it's mostly "city" driving(55mph and under), and a mile or two of highway.

I am on the hunt for a single tan ds floor mat.

But aside from that it doesn't need much. I still have to do the rear trailing arm bushings, but I want to drop the rear beam completely and refinish it while it's out.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
So I have a few updates for those that are actually following along.

I replaced my cigarette lighter with one of those power ports(with volt gauge), fixed all the warning lamp issues, redid the tail pipe on the exhaust, added some new lamps(orange "Euro" side markers), and have just been enjoying driving it. I also used some of the sound deadening that was left over from Stitch in the trunk. And I will be buying other stuff(thicker)for the passenger compartment.

I'm adding those to my Volvo. I have yet to do the wiring however. It seems the aftermarket connectors I bought aren't the best. I'm contemplating other options.

I am averaging 22-26mpg which is about normal since it's mostly "city" driving(55mph and under), and a mile or two of highway.

Does it require premium? I don't get any better than your mileage at 75/80.

62barsoom

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Nice little car. A friend had a turbo car left on his lot. Turbo shattered and trashed the motor. A fella bought it from him and I swapped in a good motor. It would run for 30 seconds or so. He spent a bunch of money trying to get it rekeyed. Never did hear the final tally.

62barsoom

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Parts of stitch live on. Oh and I recommend the book too.

As i sit here celebrating another revolution around the sun. I ask you of all the vehicles you guys/gals have driven over the years which have made a lasting impression on you besides the GMT400? For myself the Schnitzel mobile and its diesel brethren of the same platform are the ones that I have owned the most of, and I find myself drawn to.
Turbo brick for me. 245's where great. Caught that bug with a 164E. But for fun I miss the 2002.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1509453467610.jpg
    FB_IMG_1509453467610.jpg
    359 KB · Views: 3
  • FB_IMG_1497053638806.jpg
    FB_IMG_1497053638806.jpg
    154.8 KB · Views: 3