Scotty.92 `The Resurrection` 98 Sierra K1500 - Build.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
I like it with the stock wheels.... and the graphic on the side honestly

Scotty.92

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm not usually a fan of large side decals but I really like the one on the truck. It just fits in I think. Honestly, I think with the more black made a huge difference. I'm in love with it :) I always look back at the truck, or pictures I have on my phone to remember what it looks like lol. What do you think of the truck so far?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

96C1500

No money, truck problems
Reaction score
Wow, that's super clean. Looks good with all the chrome blacked out, can't wait to see the new wheels on it.

Sent from my Vortec powered HTC One M8

Scotty.92

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have a couple of options here to go. But I feel like I already know which way I will be going with the truck.

1) Save up to buy the new rims first. I think this would be major upgrade. Mickey Thompson Classic Baja lock. Black with aluminum lock.
2) Head/Park/Tail lights. LED 3rd/Tail lights, Anzo smoke head/park lights (Not very much smoke, basically just enough to give a something different than stock look. To go with all the black)
3) Pay registration when its due on Febuary 15th.
4) Stereo.

Here is how the headlights will look; http://www.anzousa.com/headlights/chevy-fullsize-88-98-crystal-h-l-smoke.html

Tailights; http://www.anzousa.com/tail-lights/...-92-98-escalade-99-00-l-e-d-t-l-g2-black.html
http://www.anzousa.com/auxiliary-li...500-88-98-led-3ed-brake-light-smoke-2237.html

Wheels; http://www.mickeythompsontires.com/wheels.php?item=ClassicBajaLock

With my truck, I already have the Alpine headunit in it. I have a coworker I use to work with, and he has an amp/sub for $100 I can buy off him. I will get wiring package and get that done. I am thinking that I am going to get the new lights and stereo because I have my insurance coming up here soon. The rims for me will be about $950. Insurance is $220 for 1/4 year. Guess rims are going to have to wait.

Besides not having enough money right now for rims, I dont want the canadian salt to eat out my brand new rims. My guess is going to be that I will use NBS 16 inch rims as my winters. And the MT`s for warm weather.

Next move; Stereo install, and the headlights. I want to get a pure white/slight blue tint on the lights for my headlights. I was thinking about the PIAA lights, but HIDs crossed my mind. The lights dont have glare sheilds, but read a fellow member with the same headlights said the smoke tint worked as glare sheild from his personal experience. I would imagine I am going with 6k HID. and just a normal bulb for highs.

96C1500

No money, truck problems
Reaction score
I'd just use the sawblades for winter, why buy more wheels just to get all corroded in the winter?

Sent from my Vortec powered HTC One M8

ChristGilley

GMT400less GMT400 Member
Reaction score
There are some neat things you can do to the saw blade rims to look better. If you were to paint in between the blades black, they would look good and you'd have free winter wheels and rock whatever wheels you choose in the summer. That's what I would do if I got a 400 with saw blades

Sent while pulling out a Ford

twomanymontes

car show addict
Reaction score
Blacking everything out like that made a huge improvement! Really nice job.

As for the wheels, I'm not a fan of the saw blades. But if you could polish them and paint the inside the blades gunmetal, it would blend into the graphics nicely.