Scotty.92 `The Resurrection` 98 Sierra K1500 - Build.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Scotty.92

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Going to my salvage yard to find a 14 bolt SF real soon. When I was inspecting my rear end. My spider gears had play from side to side. They have probably around 400 gmt400s. Let's just say it's a pretty big salvage yard. I'll see about getting a picture.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scotty.92

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I think the ratio is 3.73 not sure. Going to check it out before getting it. Here's a picture for LEDs

You must be registered for see images

Scotty.92

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Get to go pick up my new rear end this monday afternoon. 3.73 gears, locker, 14 bolt SF, 6 lug. $450 and they get it out of the truck, and they open it up and inspect the crown, pinion, spider gears, check everything inside of it to make sure its good.

Scotty.92

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Good news! 14 bolt has arrived, the axles alone make the 10 bolt look like a twig!

What I have to get yet before swapping in is my new axle seals, u-bolts, 1330/1350 conversion u-joint, the plate that goes around bottom of axle for u-bolts, and possibly some bilsteins. (I think my shocks are fairly work out. Here is my old axle lol

I had also added blue to the front crossmember and I like it. Went to remove my cats but they were already hallowed out. I removed the quiet-flow SS on it so it's straight pipe now lol. Have 2 magnaflow 14" I was going to dump under bed for a while.

Scotty.92

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Finished my exhaust up for now.

True duals, no cats, 2 - 14" magnaflows dumped under bed infront of axle. Have them in a V shape. Cheapest exhaust I ever had done. Pipe - $40. Adapters $14, mufflers $free, installed myself.

Here's how my bead looked. I'm 17 and have not welded all that much. Still practising.

Also covered my rockers/frame with duplicolor bed liner. Looks really good, has a slight rough finish. Should protect really good.

Scotty.92

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Where abouts is this 400 gmt400 jy I'm from around Morris area and work around Pipestone

I live in Virden on Highway 1. Probably about 20 minutes north of Pipestone. I`m guessing you have one as well? I`m trying to find some parts for the truck, if you have anything or know of anyone let me know.

Scotty.92

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Got the axle cleaned up.

Today was a good day at work :) it was almost 6 but the shop closes at 5, only sales is open until 6. Anyways.. The manager sees this one man with a burnt out headlight and asked if we could do it. He said only even if we just got him the bulb. I had told him to bring it into the shop and could get it done for him. I get it changed out for him and then says that he owes someone a 6 pack. General manager didn't say he wanted any and just asks, what about you? I had to reply with "I like Budweiser personally". 15 minutes later and he brings 2 - 6 packs for me helping him change out a low beam bulb on a '13 sierra after hours. Nice :)

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GriffisClnCo