Rider's '94 K1500 Ecsb aka "Vegas"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Darkrider

Dexter
Reaction score
The plan was to keep the stock keys in. Mostly looking at it for the benefit of dropping the front diff to correct the CV angles. And to correct the Balljoint angles with the UCAs

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
Yes but it makes the lower ball joints, tie rod ends, and sway bar links have worse angles than a torsion bar crank. And to install that kit you will have to at least take the pressure off the torsion bars which requires them to be "adjusted."

Darkrider

Dexter
Reaction score
Ok all valid points. See its stuff like this i need explained to me so i can understand why someone would be against the idea. Just throwing statements out like: "dont run this kit or dont run keys" without further reasoning behind it doesnt help. But now that its been fully explained it makes sense. However what if i were to run this kit without the UCAs? just run the factory arms and be taking advantage of the lowered diff up front?

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
Well that would be interesting...it would help your CV axles IF you cranked 1.5" past stock and then dropped the diff 1.5". However, a 1.5" crank would not ride very well and certainly wouldn't be nice to front end parts.

Dropping the diff without shortening the CV's would put stress on the CV's unless you cranked a proportionate amount to the diff drop. They are designed to operate at stock specs. So if its reliability you are searching for, its really just stock or a full drop kit that addresses all components.

Just SAS that ho and don't do extra lift springs. It has been done and it is awesome. 3" of lift, and no more front end IFS crap!

Darkrider

Dexter
Reaction score
Ok once again thank you for the reasoning behind it all. As for SAS...i have yet to see a method that sets the truck up less then 6" of lift....Believe me the thought has been kicked around several times. I even have a donor suburban lined up. To be honest im either just gonna crank it 1" up front to level it and call it good or eventually sas it. Ultimately i can for see cranking it 1" to level and running Bushwaker cut out flares to open up the wheel wells for 285/70R17s. The cut out flares only if needed..but i suspect i may need them with aftermarket wheels having different offsets.

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
I think you'd be fine with 285/70/17's with minor crank and very minor to no trimming on the bumper, without any cut-out flares.

Darkrider

Dexter
Reaction score
Took some pics of the truck today with my phone and my Nikon camera. will post the camera pics in a bit once i get some time to upload and resize them on the comp.

You must be registered for see images

Here are the wheels and tires i plan on running

You must be registered for see images attach