Rider's '94 K1500 Ecsb aka "Vegas"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nickl011

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a very strong love/hate relationships for 6.5s. Hows the old girl treating ya? Any blown headgaskets or cracked heads? PMD relocate I hope?

Darkrider

Dexter
Reaction score
I have a very strong love/hate relationships for 6.5s. Hows the old girl treating ya? Any blown headgaskets or cracked heads? PMD relocate I hope?

its been a good truck other then some fueling issues which will be resolved soon. There was a newer engine swapped in and its a good strong engine. The Pmd was relocated to the front bumper using a kit from PMDcable.

96k1500

Ballin on a budget
Reaction score
So i just now checked this out and read through everything, the geolandar mts are good tires but i dont think they make them for 17s, also have you thought about adding a block heater to the truck since your wanting to setup the glow plugs to warm up longer? And in my friends truck we got one of the speaker boxes from walmart that have th 6.5s in it and wired them up in the bed for when we went out somewhere

Darkrider

Dexter
Reaction score
So i just now checked this out and read through everything, the geolandar mts are good tires but i dont think they make them for 17s, also have you thought about adding a block heater to the truck since your wanting to setup the glow plugs to warm up longer? And in my friends truck we got one of the speaker boxes from walmart that have th 6.5s in it and wired them up in the bed for when we went out somewhere

Hmmm i will have to look at the Geolandars. I have been debating going down to 15" rims if i can find some square body rally wheels. I know they exist in the 16" size since a kid i worked with at kal tire had them on his Chevy. The truck came with a block heater since it is a canadian spec model, But even with a block heater i sometimes have to press the bypass button to warm the glow plugs for a few more seconds lol. And good idea on the speaker boxes!

96k1500

Ballin on a budget
Reaction score
I know the geolandar ats arent agressive but i have the mts on my truck and have never gotten stuck with them

Darkrider

Dexter
Reaction score
I know the geolandar ats arent agressive but i have the mts on my truck and have never gotten stuck with them

I will def have to look at them. I believe you are correct on them not being available in the 17" size because i recall pricing out tires in 17" and only the ATs and a Uniroyal tire was available in a 285/70R17. Since i know 15" wheels will fit the truck i will see if i can find the M/Ts in a 33" diameter. If i recall right the 285/75R16 works out to be about the same size as a 33X10.50R16 and a 305/70R15 is 33x12.50R16.

96k1500

Ballin on a budget
Reaction score
The ones i have are 35x12.50x15 and i believe there is also 33x12.50 and i believe they make them for 15s and 16s

Darkrider

Dexter
Reaction score
The ones i have are 35x12.50x15 and i believe there is also 33x12.50 and i believe they make them for 15s and 16s

I will price them out in the 35x12.50x15 since they appear to be around a load range C or D tire.

Sent from a padded cell in the secure ward.....trying to avoid the shock therapy...

Darkrider

Dexter
Reaction score
Mine was $240 a piece shipped but iono about shipping to canada

There are a couple shops here who sell yokohamas, still in the decision stage as to the trucks final stance. Given I mostly drive/ride on fire roads and similar terrain a crank or skyjacker 2" lift may be more then enough. So I may just look at the geolandars in a 265,285 or 305. They exist in all 3 sizes. Hell the truck may just stay stock height and get 265 or 285s.

Sent from a padded cell in the secure ward.....trying to avoid the shock therapy...