Free to me GMC 2500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Don't lose one for a ford now, they charge $150 to program keys plus the cost of the key at the dealer here.
That little detour is why I have Rawhide now. I learned my lesson about phords especially cheap ones. I bought it from my boss, it had been his old truck before he sent it to the family's country place when he got a newer one. He knew I was in a bind for wheels and we knew it had problems...but the problems got worse than he thought they were. I woulda had to put a transmission in it and a radiator, and replace all the cooling system parts. For less than that would have cost...I bought a much more capable Chevrolet.

99xcss4

frank'n (truburban) K-2500
Reaction score
That little detour is why I have Rawhide now. I learned my lesson about phords especially cheap ones. I bought it from my boss, it had been his old truck before he sent it to the family's country place when he got a newer one. He knew I was in a bind for wheels and we knew it had problems...but the problems got worse than he thought they were. I woulda had to put a transmission in it and a radiator, and replace all the cooling system parts. For less than that would have cost...I bought a much more capable Chevrolet.
well I am just glad that you kicked the blue oval to the curb and got a real truck and you are here with us and not yacking it up on a blue oval forum every day because it kept breaking also all ways get a kick out "phord" for give me for this but I picture you hissing it out or saying like it vile with lots of distaste and or cold dripping with venom

Last edited:

Dantheman1540

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
These door spring are downright miserable to install. I did the vice and zip tie trick and got one in but the other one didn’t get compressed enough so I couldnt get it in. Tried using that awful spring compressor tool and it bent the jaws then the threads stripped. Total garbage! Wasted an hour trying to get the second spring in.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
These door spring are downright miserable to install. I did the vice and zip tie trick and got one in but the other one didn’t get compressed enough so I couldnt get it in. Tried using that awful spring compressor tool and it bent the jaws then the threads stripped. Total garbage! Wasted an hour trying to get the second spring in.
Jeremy(@Cunningham Machine)is a Forum Member here on our forum. I’d contact him before ripping his product. I’m sure he’ll make it right.

Orpedcrow

I don’t know what I’m doing
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There has been a rash of door spring tools that are thinner than they used to be. The springs are absolutely a pain regardless. Maybe if you can straighten out the compressor and replace the bolt you can use a combination of techniques. Spring in the vice then use the compressor as a holding fixture. :shrug:

Last edited:

Dantheman1540

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I don’t mean to be specifically trashing his tool especially since it appears to be the same one everyone sells. I also must add the rest of his products are unbelievably nice and installed very easily.

To be fair I’m really mad at GM for making such a dumb design. Maybe their engineers have witch fingers that are twice as long and twice as skinny as mine and allowed them to do the job easier. To increase frustration level the deer flies at my house just showed up this week and harassed me during the install. How I would love to have a fleet of drones with flame throwers that target the little pricks.

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did you O’Reillys one end up working? Atleast there it’s an easy exchange if it’s no good.

Those are all out of stock unfortunately, looks like RA sells them but only the right side in OEM form.

Too bad there’s not not a way to convert the tail lights or an aftermarket set to just bulbs and sockets none of this circuit board junk.
They make lights without the boards an regular 3157 sockets....

They are on Amazon too if you prefer to buy there. I have them on my truck for probably a year or so now.

Dantheman1540

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
They make lights without the boards an regular 3157 sockets....

They are on Amazon too if you prefer to buy there. I have them on my truck for probably a year or so now.

I saw those but wasn’t sure if they were decent or not. I might end up doing that actually, thank you for the positive feedback.

I think I’ll have the truck titled in my name Monday so might be driving it by the end of the month.