Project TinaTurner

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dr.Zoom

Hi Tech Redneck
Reaction score
So I don't know her name yet and I haven't seen her in the light of day.

I had fun driving her the first time. No tag lights, expired tag, totally unknown entity (that hadn't started in years and I had to put a starter and battery in to drive) in the dark on the highways of Atlanta. It was a total seat of my pants and I don't give a f thing.

1996 Chevy Suburban C1500.

You must be registered for see images attach

My plan is to daily drive and fix up as I go. Eventually I want to get cosmetic and
repaint black,
add flares,
black grille,
fog lights in the valance,
led tail lights(if I can find some I like -I swear I saw 1 set on the road 1 time I liked and haven't ever seen them again),
new headlights and signals,
color match front and rear bumpers
not sure about wheels, still waiting for that part of the vision to come together.

Suburban1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Very nice, good plans so far. Will be looking forward to the progress! Is it a C or K? It says K1500 in your sig, and C1500 on your post.

Cokeman95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'd love to put a set of factory fog lights in the valence on mine. So far I haven't been willing to pay 90 for a reproduction set.

Can't go wrong on the suburban for the price imo. Sounds like you've a good plan together. Post up some daylight pics when you get it home.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Dr.Zoom

Hi Tech Redneck
Reaction score
I just went close enough with my current fog lights. $15 blazer brand lights, a simple flat metal bracket self tap screwed on, and some washers to get the spacing right. Cut the holes out of the valence with an exacto knife. I'll probably do the same on this one. I'm 99% sure I'm going to go for a smooth bumper painted black.

I'm going to go for a blacked out look. I've wanted a black one and thought about changing the color of my green one. I've also thought about getting a Chevy grille for the green one, so I think it just makes sense to get this one. :D

gstubbz

Hi I'm Gavin and I have an OBSession
Reaction score
Yes color match the grille! I painted the one on my 98 and it looked much better than chrome.

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
Food for thought. If you get a set of LED tails and replaced the lenses with new stock lenses (which can be bought separately from rockauto), it would look badass. I've seen a few people do it

Dr.Zoom

Hi Tech Redneck
Reaction score
Food for thought. If you get a set of LED tails and replaced the lenses with new stock lenses (which can be bought separately from rockauto), it would look badass. I've seen a few people do it

I was actually thinking of putting something together. Ideally I want taillights that look very close to stock, just with leds, -but I'm picky about the pattern of the leds. There is one set I've found that I might be able to add or remove some leds from to make the pattern what I want.

First a tuneup.