Project TinaTurner

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

deadbeat

Centurion Crew Cab
Reaction score
I just realized I didn't mention in this thread the coincidence I encountered with this Suburban. It has the exact same key as my other Suburban. It's a pretty weird thing using my one usual key on either one.

That brings back a memory on a 96 Tahoe I helped fix in the body shop when I was about 14. Dad asked me if I switched the handle on the door we put on it and I told him no, but the key fit it and worked it perfect.

Dr.Zoom

Hi Tech Redneck
Reaction score
^^^^ It does make me wonder about the odds.

I haven't done much, but I did replace the broken 3rd brake light today.

I have a set of new stock tail lenses on the way. I'm planning to pick up a set of LED trailer lights and sacrifice one of my current tail lights to figuring out how to graft the leds in.

I discovered the rear passenger door doesn't lock so that's high priority on my list.

I need to figure out what's up with my back glass/tailgate. I have to close both at once to get the glass to latch. I figure something is bent or worn out. Just gotta figure out what.

Dr.Zoom

Hi Tech Redneck
Reaction score
So I insured and registered her today. Only 22 days later...

Dr.Zoom

Hi Tech Redneck
Reaction score
Got an oil change done Friday. I had it done at the dealer along with a recall for the windshield wiper board(they had the part in stock).

Also got their inspection and recommendations for service. Steering parts need replaced which is no surprise. And the whole list of flushes. And plugs, wires etc. Which I was planning to do anyway.

Figured it was worth the $40 for the oil change(dexos semi synthetic) to get the recall done without looking like a jerk just coming in for the recall only on a 20year old vehicle.

I'll treat it as sacrificial flush oil and change it again soon to full synthetic.