Project TinaTurner

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

95Escahoe

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The Anzo LED tails look great on these trucks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Dr.Zoom

Hi Tech Redneck
Reaction score
I just realized I didn't mention in this thread the coincidence I encountered with this Suburban. It has the exact same key as my other Suburban. It's a pretty weird thing using my one usual key on either one.

Dr.Zoom

Hi Tech Redneck
Reaction score
I washed it on Thanksgiving. There's some mud caked up under that I need to clean.

Odometer: 259,160.0

I ran a carfax on it and it had 257,481 when it was last transferred in July of 2015.

Last mention of it passing emissions is April 2015. It's got an O2 sensor code so I picked up a new sensor today. Hopefully that'll do the trick.

I took the chime out a few minutes ago. I can't stand a nag.

I was thinking Project Oprah because she's a ********* lady. But I don't think it's going to stick.

Dr.Zoom

Hi Tech Redneck
Reaction score
I'm going tomorrow to see if it's still there.

It wasn't in great shape, busted amp in the back, a lot of wear, but could be painted and fixed up.

If I don't get that one, there are other ones out there.

I've collected a good set of escalade door panel trim and 120mph speedometer.

I've got most of a second set of trim too and a mental picture of it with black interior with the wood pieces painted gloss black. Black and wood can look damn sexy though too.

Dr.Zoom

Hi Tech Redneck
Reaction score
So my green GMC is named TinaRex because she's a big Green dinosaur. Keeping with the Tina theme I've decided this one is named TinaTurner.

I replaced the O2 sensor and no code yet. I changed the air filter and cleaned the engine compartment some.

I'm not feeling very motivated to go get that escalade console. I'm enjoying a day of taking it easy.

Next up is getting the license plate lights working.

Dr.Zoom

Hi Tech Redneck
Reaction score
Very nice, good plans so far. Will be looking forward to the progress! Is it a C or K? It says K1500 in your sig, and C1500 on your post.

I updated my signature to reflect the new addition.

License plate bulbs changed and working.

I did a little driving and stomped on the gas and she rips. Good feeling engine.

Dr.Zoom

Hi Tech Redneck
Reaction score
PO said the engine was replaced at the dealer in the 2000's, but the carfax doesn't mention it. According to the gauge the oil pressure is about 45 and 60 while revved.