1990 K2500 Better Days Ahead

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

movietvet

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ok, my friend cut the mounting tabs off the back of the original 2500 emblems and cut the small locating tabs off the ends. The bow tie had already fallen out of the impression it sat in and boogered up the tin foil chrome look behind it. I remounted that one on the passenger side. Used the same 3M molding double sided tape and attached in the indent on each door. Hope they meet with everyone's approval.

You must be registered for see images attach

movietvet

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Just to let you know why I am using the OE emblems for now. To buy pairs of the stick on, they have to be shipped from China and I refuse to send my money over there and they are just under $50. To get the stateside ones, I cannot find pairs, can only find singles and they are anywhere between $55 to $70 each plus shipping. Discontinued thru GM sources and no NOS anywhere. I am gonna search high and low for some replacements. Time will tell.

movietvet

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Gonna try CERAKOTE for the front and rear bumper impact strips and the front license plate bracket.

GrimsterGMC

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok, my friend cut the mounting tabs off the back of the original 2500 emblems and cut the small locating tabs off the ends. The bow tie had already fallen out of the impression it sat in and boogered up the tin foil chrome look behind it. I remounted that one on the passenger side. Used the same 3M molding double sided tape and attached in the indent on each door. Hope they meet with everyone's approval.

I put mine in the same place, I figured there was less chance of them being knocked off.