Check engine soon light comes on and off at random

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

xtra

Reaction score
I have a 1990 GMc K2500 Sierra where the service engine soon light comes on and off at random. Sometimes while driving it would come on. Then I turn it off and next time I turn it back on the light is gone. Just now I was driving home and it came on again. It went back off after couple minutes of driving tho. Any idea what it could be?
I just cleared the computer to check if it come back on. I also read the codes but all I got was 12 which doesn't indicate a problem. I will check the codes again tho.

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well....check the code BEFORE you clear it and we will go from there.
They do go on and off, mine will do it if I get on the gas hard then shuts off a few seconds later.
I have a 1990 GMc K2500 Sierra where the service engine soon light comes on and off at random. Sometimes while driving it would come on. Then I turn it off and next time I turn it back on the light is gone. Just now I was driving home and it came on again. It went back off after couple minutes of driving tho. Any idea what it could be?
I just cleared the computer to check if it come back on. I also read the codes but all I got was 12 which doesn't indicate a problem. I will check the codes again tho.