1990 K2500 Better Days Ahead

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

movietvet

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

I want to brighten up my girls truck and this is the list of what I ordered yesterday to replace all exterior lights, front and rear. Pics of work to follow.

After these replacements, I will be installing the new transmission lines. In another thread it was explained that some previous hack cut and patched with hose and worm gear clamps, about 2 feet back from where the lines attach at the cross member clip. I am going to be looking through her extensive paperwork of maintenance and repairs, and see if radiator has ever been replaced and when.

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
One of my favorite things I did on my truck was new headlights and tails. I went with TYC factory style replacements when I first got the truck but I've experimented over the years to find a few combos I love. LED lights in Anzo housings for taillights, LEDs in factory style turn lenses, and it's a tie between the TYC Elegante lenses and the LMC truck quad beams I have now.
Can't wait to see the end results!

movietvet

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I am a stock kind of guy and will not do LED's, but I have seen some that look great. There will be more to do on the interior, too.

My girl came in from an errand and has had enough of the sagging fabric on the headliner and the puffy look of the visors. I think I have created a monster.

I plan on removing the headliner for an upholstery company in the area and may let them do the visors too, but any recommendations here about sourcing and tricks for removal? Thanks.

movietvet

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Got notice that some of the lights are coming tomorrow, so I will be getting to work on them.

After deciding to do the headliner and deciding on the correct color, I remembered that a close friend of mine at my American Legion, is an upholsterer. I called and he can supply the material and labor and I will pull the headliner and visors and get them taken care of. To order the headliner and visors in the correct color, shipping, including discount, would have been close to $650.00, at Rock Auto. Things are moving forward.

Also, there is a small panel next to the park brake release, that covers the fuse access. The attaching tabs are broken on the old one and we use a cotter pin to hold in place. I found an exact color match at ebay and the seller agreed to a $10 discount for my military service and ASE credentials, so I am getting it shipped to me for under $35.

Last edited:

Komet

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Why's it always gotta be hacked off transmission lines with the hose clamps? Both my last two rides were that way to start.

Super stoked for this build up. I did my own headliner in my car two years ago, I think it was about $300 all-in with the fiberglass repair but honestly I spent 20-30 hours doing it all and I still cut my curve reliefs wrong so having a pro do it will certainly save you some grief.

movietvet

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Why's it always gotta be hacked off transmission lines with the hose clamps? Both my last two rides were that way to start.

Super stoked for this build up. I did my own headliner in my car two years ago, I think it was about $300 all-in with the fiberglass repair but honestly I spent 20-30 hours doing it all and I still cut my curve reliefs wrong so having a pro do it will certainly save you some grief.
Somewhere, before I came on the scene, the lines had been cut and were cut right next to each other, about 2 feet back from the attaching/holding clip next to the p/s motor mount on the crossmember. Used the wrong type of hose and clamps and were not flared. Pissed me off.

movietvet

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ok, here are some pics of the before for the fogged up/faded lights all around, the side molding and the interior headliner and visors that are sagging. Also the interior fuse access cover that is held in place with a cotter pin.

movietvet

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score

movietvet

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Have all the lights for the truck now but I got the left rear taillight in and then the sky opened up and freakin' POURED. I will finish the right rear taillight tomorrow and post pics. This is all before I adjusted the headlights.

Last edited: