1990 K2500 Better Days Ahead

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Have all the lights for the truck now but I got the left rear taillight in and then the sky opened up and freakin' POURED. I will finish the right rear taillight tomorrow and post pics. this is all before I adjusted the headlights.
You must be registered for see images attach
New lenses are one of the best upgrades for our trucks, both in appearance and usability.

movietvet

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score

CumminsFever

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My dad has a 1998 dakota. Someone did that same hack job to the trans cooler lines before his ownership. He was driving home one evening and the truck suddenly wouldn't go. Yup, the hack job blew apart, lost all the oil. Needless to say, it ruined the transmission.
I'd ONLY do such a patch if it was emergency and needed to get me a few miles. Excellent call on replacing them.
On my own truck, I chose to put hose barb fittings on and run power steering return hose as cooler lines.
Yes, you're creating a monster. As you slowly fix up a woman's vehicle, she wants more, and more, and... you get the idea!
Next thing you know, it'll be nicer than your own ride!

movietvet

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Good work. I agree with you in that I prefer stock, and not a fan of exterior LEDs, but consider replacing the bulbs in the dome light with LED while you are working on the headliner. Direct plug and play, and HUGE upgrade to the amount of interior light. The older I get the more I appreciate lighting :rotflmao:
Will do. I will ask first because I have learned to never assume with her.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Good work. I agree with you in that I prefer stock, and not a fan of exterior LEDs, but consider replacing the bulbs in the dome light with LED while you are working on the headliner. Direct plug and play, and HUGE upgrade to the amount of interior light. The older I get the more I appreciate lighting :rotflmao:
I read somewhere that as we age, our eyes need a percentage more light to function properly, and see/read things, than they did the year before. I certainly believe it!
Been gradually replacing the light bulbs in our travel trailer with LED bulbs; makes a BIG difference in the amount of light available and reduces the heat from the incandescent bulbs too. The trailer is over 15 years old so most interior lights run #1156 bulbs.