Nobodys94 Daily driver (slow project)..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nobodys94

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Been a while.. Just been caught up in life. Truck sat for 3 months, didnt even start it once. Got it out last week , changed the oil, added freon to the a/c system, cleaned it inside and out. Really need to wax it and polish the wheels..

You must be registered for see images attach

I decided to drive the the truck out of town for the holidays.. I was very happy with it.. Just that fuel mileage and power are lacking.. Next on the list is to grab a 5.3 LS, I want a 6.0 but I am not sure if the 6.0 is worth the extra $ for a small HP difference.. I plan on stroking the 5.3, port the heads, good cam and an LS1 intake.. Seriously considering building it as a turbo motor.. LOL... Probably not turbo but I am looking for over 500hp.. Should bump up my gas mileage a bit. I am going to do some reading on the 5.3 and 6.0 motors. I wouldnt mind a 6.2, but people are asking way to much for those right now..

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
Truck looks great as always. Do you have plans to repaint it?

Nobodys94

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
It will probably get paint around summer time.. I still got to get a cowl hood, tail light fillers, door handle fillers, shave the stake pockets on the bed and shave the antenna hole.. Once I get a new MIG, then I will start doing those things to it.. The other things that need done first are shocks and some front end work..

I really want to body drop the truck 1.25" to make the rockers even with the frame. I dont plan on ever going with bags. But the small body drop will give the lower appearance without sacrificing ride height. Not sure when I will tackle the body drop? One thing is for certain. I will be doing tubular control arms up front, and some frame mods ..... Going with a Heavy duty rack and pinion.. I am hoping with the LS swap and front suspension swap, that I will shave 200# or more from the front end.. I have the upper arms already, front frame rail sections are sitting in the shop. Trucks drives like its on rails now but hopefully after these mods it will handle even better..

Nobodys94

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well I went ahead and grabbed me a 6.0. It was $275. Bad bearings, cause oil pump gave out. It will probably go in around Feb 2013.

Nobodys94

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
So I scraped the 6.0 project... Decided to stay TBI. Got a EBL Flash ordered.. Going to get a bored out big block TBI unit. I picked up a 400 sbc.. I figure a 6.6 is better then a 6.0.. LOL..

The 400 is a short block. Its already .030 over. That makes it a 406. Ordering lightweight H beam 5.7 rods and lightweight pistons for it.. I am going to run a Eddie Performer RPM air gap intake with aluminum 210cc heads.. I am very tempted to use the Vortec heads.. I havent decided on that yet or if I am using a hyd flat tappet cam or hyd roller .. I will make those decisions once the short block is back from machine shop. Combo should produce 400+HP and 500+TQ.... Just what this heavy beast needs..

Still havent had a chance to swap in the new shocks yet.. Needs em bad.. I did swap the clear corners back in..

Nobodys94

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
finally some progress

Install 31 bar Grill. Check.

Next, Build turbo 5.3 ls.

Engine is down to short block. It's gettin refreshed now. I still got to port the heads and get cam n springs. I have already modified the ls harness. Took a whole rigging day but it's done.

Before the ls swap happens I gotta do the super c notches and install the high flow fuel pump. That will be next weekend I am off work.

I ordered some toyo proxes for the rear. 295/45/20. They will be installed next week. I gotta do somethin about the hood. I really like the 442 style but don't want fiberglass. So since I have a welder I am gonna build my own ram air style hood that matches the body of the truck. I promise u it will be sick. Once everything is shaved and motor is in. She is off for fresh paint.

Stay tuned, lots of updates and pics coming soon.

Nobodys94

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score

Got the rear tires on today. Then told the guy too order me new front tires and he says they dont make the 255/45/20 in the toyo proxes st anymore. So i gotta go with a wider or taller or both in the front if i want the tread pattern to match. Which i do. I am just picky that way.

So the new problem is that with anyhing wider or taller in the front. The tire is gonna rub the f2nder lip when i turn. the lips have already been rolled. So i am gonna just pick a set of front tires and prob shorten my upper and lower arms. If the truck has beltech spindles i will likely sell em and get djm spindles since the belltech spindles move the wheel out some. That may fix my problem.

Opinoons?

Nobodys94

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score

My rear shackles are only in the 1 inch drop holes. Gonna move them down to the 2 inch drop slots this weekend when i do a super c notch

addiction2bass

junkyard junkie
Reaction score
O just gimme those rims ;) they will fit on my truck next year no problem ;) ice wanted a set like that for awhile now.
You really need to shine those things up! :)