Nobodys94 Daily driver (slow project)..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nobodys94

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nobodys94 Daily driver (slow project).. 6.0 swap

Figured why not put this here. Not going extreme with the truck. Just doing things to make it my own..

Truck:
1994 Chevy 2500
167k on 5.7 350
4L80E Trans
3:73 14 bolt rearend
Rear axles drilled for 5 lug
Full belltech drop suspension 5/7
All poly bushings
Stock Front sway bar and Hellwig rear sway bar
20" Centerline Smoothie's
Steel roll pan
Hideaway hitch
HID's
All LED lights
SLiding back window
Sport mirrors
Remote start, keyless entry, door poppers..

First thing I did was swap the clear tails for stockers, I will be doing the same for the front corner lights when they come in.. I just really like the red tails on a black truck..

I gotta say this truck handles amazingly well. Corners like its on rails
Paint was pretty hazey, so we waxed yesterday after I replaced the the upper shock bushings in the front.. They had split apart and came out on me. Truck looks so much better just by hand waxing it.. A buffer will do wonders..

A/c needs fixed. I got a dryer yesterday and it was painted to match the truck.. Still need to change orifice tube and flush the system..

Future Plans:
Cowl hood
Stereo system
Bedliner
Headers
Chip
Billet grille
Shave the door handles
last but not least. Paint

Before waxing:
You must be registered for see images attach

After:

Will get an interior pic up in a bit................

Last edited:

Nobodys94

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Much better! Good job!

Like your name! Any ref. to the movie 'My Name Is Nobody'?

Thanks, and yeah the name was originally from that movie..My uncle was a HAM radio operator, he use to work on my CB and he went by Nobody. Of course he said he got the name from the movie and after his passing I started to use it as my CB handle..

The wax we used was that Meguiars spray on Detail wax. I am very surprised it did such a good job with out much elbow grease..

Nobodys94

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
One thing is bothering me about the truck.

The badge on the grille. The truck is a Chevy, so I have two options.

Cut the entire center from this GMC grille and put in a 30 bar flush billet and slap on a bowtie emblem??

or

Get a 94-98 Chevy grille painted to match the truck??

I think either would look clean. Just unsure..

addiction2bass

junkyard junkie
Reaction score
just get a sweet grill.... hell mines a chevy... i switched ALMOST all of my badges to gmc. only 2 i have left is the chevy on the airbag and the silverado badge. ;) nobody knows.LOL

JParker2012

Freedom isn't FREE
Reaction score
I think color matched silverado grilles look more agresive! chevy grille for the win!!! :D

Nobodys94

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think color matched silverado grilles look more agresive!! :D

Agreed, most of the pics of painted to match Chevy grilles look great.. I really like the look , kinda makes me think Hot Rod? Really considering going to it.

After seeing everyones cracked GMC grilles after a 30 bar install it had me considering the bolt over 20 bar billet grille painted black with the chrome trim ring still there and a billet bowtie in the middle..

Its just the 30 bar looks so smooth.. Tough decision.

I ordered a radio today and will finally flush the a/c so it can be charged Wednsday.. Wont be long and I will have the system in the truck.

Thanks everyone.

Last edited:

addiction2bass

junkyard junkie
Reaction score
well mine billet grill has been on my truck since 2009... daily drivin and pushed hard ever since.LOL still no cracks! ;) I THINK the reason why alot of peoples grills split is if they are aftermarket grills. aftermarket grills suck they just cheap as hell and never fit right. i got a OEM GMC grill for mine. also when removing the grill hold it from the grill since thats where the weight is. obviously if you grab the top its gonna flex from the weight lower and its going to crack the plastic if it flexes to much! ive had mine off about a dozen times and still no cracks at all! ;)
so dont be scared of alittle crack if you really like the gmc big billet grill! ALSO if you are worried you can also reinforce the grill! alittle fiberglass will add thickness and strength to it and can only help! just sand the back side of the grill with some 60-80grit and then lay the fiberglass and resin. its all good.

keep up the work.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jamiej80