Nobodys94 Daily driver (slow project)..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Devs93

OBS 4 EVA
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

after polishing with 3m
You must be registered for see images attach

Thought I had a pic of the side with one door done and one not 3m is the best polish hands down imo

Nobodys94

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
They fade like that cause GM had a clearcoat issue from the late 80's to mid 90's.. The camaro's had it worse, mostly cause it was applied thinner then the trucks and SUV's.. The best way to get rid of scratches and stuff is a real buffer. Not an orbital buffer.. Someotherguys black HD was done by me. I wetsanded and buffed it and painted the hood for him.. I really want to take a buffer to my truck, it would vastly improve the paint.. Except the hood and roof..

I am probably going to repaint my roof and maybe the hood. Since I want a cowl hood, I might just wait to paint the roof until I get my hood.

I found a cheapy all chrome GMC grille.$40 locally. I might grab it up and use it as the candidate for the billet..

Nobodys94

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Plans: Updated

Decided to put the grille on hold for now. I am going to go in order of what the truck needs. Since I have fixed the a/c and got a stereo system in the truck, I now need to get the EGR replaced.. Ordered the Delphi replacement yesterday , so that should be fixed this week.. Next issues to fix are super faded roof and hood... Roof has a few small dents, I am going to start fixing the dents and dings this week .. I am hoping to lay paint on the roof in the next 2 weeks.

My hood doesnt need any body work, just paint. I am looking at those cheap steel cowl hoods. I had a steel cowl hood but it buckled in the center when we installed it yesterday. I didnt notice the bracing had been cut out. No worries, it was free.. I will try to get a new hood by the time I am ready to lay paint on the roof so I can shoot the hood at the same time..

I also feel money is better spent on a cowl hood then a billet grille. (For Now)

addiction2bass

junkyard junkie
Reaction score
id agree with ya. cowl over grill IF your gonna paint anyways ;)
im kinda in a bind myself right now with my truck on paint. either do my 2tone black top and paint my new tono cover black along with the whole top of truck with a cowl hood as well.... OR paint the tono to match and maybe have to repaint it black later down the road IF i actually stick to the 2tone plan. :( tuff call i just know RED like the cover is now wont match very good at all.lol
ive wanted a cowl hood for along time now! just never bit the bullet and got a new one yet.

Nobodys94

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Man, two tone is a commitment. I have thought of doing a stock style two tone with it silver or red in the center - black top/bottom but then I would be forced to do it all at once.

Black wouldnt be so bad for now, I honestly wouldnt paint it until you are sure of your paint scheme..

addiction2bass

junkyard junkie
Reaction score
ya it should look sweet with a black top and tinted out windows! i just dont know if i can wait with a red bed cover while i grow the balls to actually buy the cowl hood and tape up the whole truck and sand roof down for 2tone paint. its a hard decision for me. most likely ill just paint my new tono cover to match and just paint over it in black down the road all over again.... at least doing it yourself doesnt cost AS MUCH... mainly just the cost of paint! hell i cannt remember how much i paid for my paint last time i bought it for my old trailer and camper shell. tho i ended up not painting the trailer but i got another camper and painted it. im pretty sure i wont have enough paint to do the tono without buying more and nothing worse than running out of paint mid way thru and coming up just short.LOL
but anyways.... i wish i had your whels.lol i stare at them every time i see your sig... your truck would look so nice slammed down tuckin afew inches of rim ;)

Nobodys94

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
You could always shoot the bed cover black and the bed two tone first, then take your time doing the cab.. Your going to just do from the top body line up? I am going to repaint my truck one section at a time.. Since its black you probably wont notice it ... LOL

I also wish the front end was down about another inch. The only way to do that is machine the rotor hub down 3/8" so I dont have to use the wheel spacers in the front for the center cap to fit.. I am going to order some bigger tires for the back. Which should bring the back up level, it is 3/4 lower in the back.. It has 255/45/20 all the way around. I am swapping to 295/40/20 in the rear..

Nobodys94

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Where do you even get 3M Polish? I have never seen it. Sorry for the off-topicness.

3M makes Meguiars... Oreillys sells the Meguiars liquid polishing compound from #1 up to #10. Eaqch one cuts the paint more. I usually buy 3 diff ones. Med cut, swirl remover and fine polish... $8 each , last time I bought them.. Well worth it, I have wetsanded and buffed many cars using that stuff..