Lifted Street Truck: 1993 K2500 Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

eric.s.t

Stroked
Reaction score
I noticed your truck on different posts... It turned out pretty cool looking! All you should do is get steel chrome hubcap covers and nice lugs!

Wagonbacker9

One string banjo. Maybe 2
Reaction score
I noticed your truck on different posts... It turned out pretty cool looking! All you should do is get steel chrome hubcap covers and nice lugs!

Thanks, I'm not going to stick anything more into these wheels, I plan on switching over to the set of 15s I have and just using one of these as a spare once they're worn.

Someone asked about specs on my 5.3l swap, so here it is:

2003 5.3 with 160k, had the cracked castech heads on it burning coolant, swapped for 12K mile LS1 853s milled .028 (back to stock CR bascially, stock gaskets), 1999 intake mani assembly, PAC 1218 springs, ARP head bolts and crank bolt, 7.375 hardened pushrods, 228/222 588 114.5 cam, 3K stall with lockup by Performance of New Hampton, stock 4l60e out of a 4.8l with cracked frame, 67K on it. 99 pcm out of a 6.0l, segment swapped and retuned for a 5.3/4l60e with HPTuners. I plan to tune myself.

My factory coolant sensor is non-functional, so I bought 2 trans temp gauges, plan to run 2 senders on a switch to one gauge, I've got a B&M trans cooler I was going to use, but theres already a pretty beefy cooler in there so I'll likely just stick with that. Dirty Dingo mounts, Nelson performance rad fan harness (pins added to PCM and tuned in), planning on re-using the fuel pump I had in my GTO (supports up to 500hp easily).. factory Y pipe (still need to find one of these as well) into a 3.5" exhaust (yes... 3.5" lol) dumped in front of the pass rear wheel.

I have a son due in like 5 days, so unfortionately I'd still be willing to part with all of this for what I have into it ($3500 including the HPTuners which has this PCM unlocked, and the stand the engine is on). Otherwise in all likelyhood it'll all sit in the garage until spring (assuming the trans I'm running now holds together).

Wagonbacker9

Reaction score
Heaviest haul yet. I wasn't actually driving... I'm told the truck struggled the whole way, which on a tired TBI and 3.42 should surprise no one.

You must be registered for see images attach

Wagonbacker9

Reaction score
Heres a pic of all the swap parts... Engine is almost there.

outalne94z71

Bouncing Truck Maker
Reaction score
I have a son due in like 5 days, so unfortionately I'd still be willing to part with all of this for what I have into it ($3500 including the HPTuners which has this PCM unlocked, and the stand the engine is on). Otherwise in all likelyhood it'll all sit in the garage until spring (assuming the trans I'm running now holds together).

i would just start looking for a crew cab now.... kids grow fast and in roughly 2 years if you are lucky enough to keep him rear facing that long you will need a full size rear seat for a decent forward facing carseat to fit properly

Wagonbacker9

Reaction score
i would just start looking for a crew cab now.... kids grow fast and in roughly 2 years if you are lucky enough to keep him rear facing that long you will need a full size rear seat for a decent forward facing carseat to fit properly

My vehicle is not the primary kid carrier for now, so I have time.. but yes, I am on the hunt for an avalanche. I may be buying a 99 Silvy tomorrow that I'll stick my trans into and possibly flip. I've got my truck listed for sale above what I'd call fair value as I'm not in a hurry to sell.

Wagonbacker9

Reaction score

welp... little change...

Wagonbacker9

Reaction score
I still hang around the mazda forum I'm a mod on and I haven't had one in over 3 years. Plus, I've loved these trucks since I was a kid. If that wasn't enough, this is the ONLY forum I've ever been a member of where the vast majority of the members are genuinely great people to interact with, from some of the kids on here (damn I feel old saying this), to some of the old hands. Thats really rare.