Lifted Street Truck: 1993 K2500 Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

70stroker

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
nice looking truck man, 100 times better then when you got it. Got a quick question, how do you like those mickey thompson's been contemplating running them.

Wagonbacker9

One string banjo. Maybe 2
Reaction score
I was on the fence about them until last week. Driving through a HUGE storm. I beleive we got an inch of rain in about 45 mins, plus hail etc.. Cars were pulled over everywhere, and i was charging down the freeway at normal speed. As of that experience... I love them.

I'm guessing the truck is about a month or 2 away from being repainted as of now.

Wagonbacker9

Reaction score
Well, it appears my time estimate was off. I finally picked a color though... Linking to the google images search, because its the only way I can depict the wide variety of red/orange/brown it shows up as under various lighting conditions

https://www.google.com/search?q=Cog...Q&biw=1116&bih=629&sei=Y2ITUMiNO4G3qAHM04HICA

Also, I got switchbacks in the inner turn signals a few weeks back, erroniously put that update in my intro thread instead of this one... internetz > me.

You must be registered for see images attach

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
I knew he was pulling the plow on the trade, didn't know if he was leaving the other stuff or not but was OK with it either way. I'm contemplating a tool box or tonneau... haven't decided which for sure, but a headache rack isn't me.=QUOTE]

You could have the best of both worlds. Here are some toolbox tonneaus. I've never owned one but I think they are worth a look.
http://4wheelonline.com/tool-box_tonneau_covers.202022

Wagonbacker9

Reaction score
picked up a rawson and koenig toolbox long ago, but thanks!

Wagonbacker9

Reaction score
Well, I finally bit the bullet and sprayed her... looking much more like a proper truck now.

One spot at the back of the bed I'll need to touch up... got a little overzealous about finishing it and the tape pulled the paint clean off the truck. This is also what you get for doing a scuff and shoot, instead of sealing, priming, etc... oh well.

And in other news, the 5.3l has been assembled back to a long block, heads have been milled, PAC 1218 springs are in, cam is in, pushrods are in... need to buckle down and get the engine parts painted. Little one should be here very shortly (days) though so honestly it may sit in the garage over the winter, I haven't really decided yet.

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
Did you spray the jams also?

Wagonbacker9

Reaction score
Did you spray the jams also?

I did a bunch of rust prevention in the driver's side, so I had to spray at least the bottom, I sprayed it with the black up to the break line, no masking or anything though (and honestly... I didn't even clean it... at all. lol) so the bottom is black, and the top is factory color, which isn't HORRIBLY different from the red, but also clearly not the same. Theres no question in anyone's mind who sees the truck that its an amature re-spray, but.. I'm perfectly OK with that. With the rear windows open you can see a bit of the factory color around them, etc. Its far from perfect, but its MILES ahead of where it was.

97PROSHOZ71

IG - @bad_z71
Reaction score
Truck looks real nice man, it has come a long way. I have a question about your MTZs. How is the ride and the noise with them?

Wagonbacker9

Reaction score
Truck looks real nice man, it has come a long way. I have a question about your MTZs. How is the ride and the noise with them?

Thanks, I appreciate it!

They're definitely not quiet... I had the same wheels/tires on my Blazer and they were AWFUL, but on the ECSB they're really not bad. Don't ask me why they're different, I figured if anything on the beefier suspension it'd be worse. Driving on the freeway next to construction barriers is pretty loud, but other than that its very tolerable, and I'm am over 50% worn on them... starting to watch CL for a set of 15" 33s for my other set of wheels already.