Lifted Street Truck: 1993 K2500 Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

97PROSHOZ71

IG - @bad_z71
Reaction score
Hm, does MT make any tires that aren't loud and don't wear fast? I really like the look of them, but they all don't last long.

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Truck turned out nice man, and nice build thread, I don't know how I missed it before!

Wagonbacker9

One string banjo. Maybe 2
Reaction score
Hm, does MT make any tires that aren't loud and don't wear fast? I really like the look of them, but they all don't last long.
These had a LOT of miles on them when I got em (don't recall how many).. and even with my poor alignment they've worn well. If the MTZ is too much, the ATZ would be the next step up toward normalcy... I choose my tires by whatever I find cheap on CL most of the time. Only tires I've bought new were the star specs on my GTO.
Truck turned out nice man, and nice build thread, I don't know how I missed it before!

Oh... hold tight, she's just gettin started. lol. I've got a garage full of about 3K of drivetrain parts I'm cooking up.

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Oh... hold tight, she's just gettin started. lol. I've got a garage full of about 3K of drivetrain parts I'm cooking up.[/QUOTE]

I'm looking forward to that!

Wagonbacker9

Reaction score
Wagonbacker9 said:
Oh... hold tight, she's just gettin started. lol. I've got a garage full of about 3K of drivetrain parts I'm cooking up.

I'm looking forward to that!

Its no 6.7l, but she should rip pretty good. I've been having cammed LS withdrawls since I sold the GTO..

Wagonbacker9

Reaction score
Heck yeah man, I really like an LS motor, even a stock 5.3 is fun to drive!

Cammed and stalled beats the hell out of it though... even if that right there added 50% to the budget. I've driven my fiance's dad's NBS, I think its an 05.. and it feels like any other truck, so I had to do better. lol

97PROSHOZ71

IG - @bad_z71
Reaction score
Definitely subbed to this thread, this is going to be some good information! Thanks for the info on the MTZs as well, I wish the Baja Claw radials were the same in wear, I think I could get used to the noise for the badass look of the Claws...of course it will be a while before the Yokohamas wear out, they are hardly broken in since new in 2005.

Wagonbacker9

Reaction score
Heres a little cost/source spreadsheet for the parts so far... And, yes, I got the complete motor for $200... lol

Attachments

• 5.3swap.jpg
    5.3swap.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 12