Lifted Street Truck: 1993 K2500 Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wagonbacker9

One string banjo. Maybe 2
Reaction score
Well, back in october I bought a house and extra money allowed me to pick up a winter beater. I picked up a 1994 6.5l Blazer for $2300. Through a series of events, including a blown axle and head gasket, I ended up trading it off for a 1993 K2500. Truck had 231K on it, and a new engine and transmission were installed in the last 2 years according to the previous owner. It did plow, but not commercially, and for $575 cash in including transport I made the deal. So, all told I have about 3 grand into this K2500. Not a bad deal.

My plans are pretty basic, I just finished installing a 2.5" lift in the rear and cranked up the bars. The truck also came with a rear half helper spring in the back so axle wrap should be minimal, the joints don't bind at full droop, and the angle looks great under its own weight. The 285/75/16 MTZs fit the lift very well, and the Edelbrock shocks (on sale, figured I'd try em) ride well. This truck rides WAY better than the blazer did, which surprised me, given the higher GVWR and cranked bars. I pulled the RPO codes and the only surprises were GU6 and G80. I wasn't sure if I had the gov lock, and I figured the ratios were higher. This may explain my bad mileage.

Other things done:
Rust repair behind driver's rocker
Crossbox
Paint Job

Previous owner removed the plow, brush guard, and headache rack.

And here she is as of 02/2012.

You must be registered for see images attach

And as of 9/1:

Last edited:

Wagonbacker9

Reaction score
As of 3/8/2012:
Lit GMT800 style mirrors

12 watt LED Cargo Lamp, Ag bumper has GOT TO GO, and a shackel receiver

94-98 grill with aftermarket lenses:

Funny story about the grill inserts. I ordered it by mistake thinking I was getting a deal on a grill. They don't fit great but since I had em I figured why not?

Tool box added. Rawson and Koenig that I picked up for $60. Even came with 2 tieout stakes and an extension cord.

Last edited:

Wagonbacker9

Reaction score
And I sold her on 10/4 for $2950.

Picked this up for $4500
Added new projector headlights, turn signal lenses, redded out the rear turn signal then smoked the whole assembly, LED 3rd brake light, swapped it over to e-fans, retuned the transmission and made some timing tweaks, slapped a cone filter on, and preped it to get my sub installed which I haven't used in YEARS (under the middle row). Debating what to put in it for a HU, I'm thinking appradio assuming pioneer comes out with something iphone 5 compatible.

I'm also debating a 2/3 drop, but may just get a 2" drop spring out back and crank the bars down a tad.

Last edited:

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
why are you doing reserved posts for? there's a special build section on this site and NO one can post in it but you.

ndians68

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
nice truck, dont worry lots of new people to reserves... but thats not enough

Wagonbacker9

Reaction score
why are you doing reserved posts for? there's a special build section on this site and NO one can post in it but you.

Because I saw other builds posted here and wanted room to add more pictures should I need to (not knowing if there is a limit), and would honestly prefer that others be able to post. Whats the point of a forum without feedback?

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
add a new post then when you are ready to make pics. I see no point in reserving spaces for pics when you can add em later.

IMO you want ppl to post, make a build thread, make a topic in an open forum section called discuss my build or some junk like that.

Wagonbacker9

Reaction score
This works for me... I'm sorry you disapprove. Personally I find it much easier to read when all the info is in one place, and then whoever wants to can say whatever they want to.

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks good, your changes so far made it a better truck. I would have made leave the headache rack on though. I want for some reason....