4 inch lift kit for my 1998 duelly truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1998chev454

Reaction score
Let me elaborate, I just bought a 1998 Chevy crew cab long bed 4x4, well it used to be a dually and the previous owner left the dually axle and the dually leaf springs, I might sound dumb but if I’m not mistaken the dually trucks had bigger or at least different style leaf springs then the other one ton trucks so those lift kits out there for the k2500/k3500 trucks won’t work on my truck since there for the non dually versions. Anyway, I’m trying to find a 4 inch lift for my truck and all I’m finding is Ethier small 2 inch lift kits or giant 6 inch lift kits and I can’t find a 4” inch lift out there, if anyone knows how I could alter other 1-ton style 4” inch lifts to work for my truck or information that could allow me to put a 4 inch lift on it, that would be amazing.

1998chev454

Reaction score
Same springs. The duallys usually have the overloads, which either require longer U bolts, or to remove the overloads.
Also another thing, what’s with the rough country lift kits only going up to 1997 ? Does that change anything or can I get it for my 98 and get longer u bolts for the rear leafs and be good ?

KansasOBS

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Just clicked on the rough country site, and not seeing a 4" kit for a 97. Just a key kit, and the 6".

Its been a bit since I was looking over parts, and for some reason I seem to remember a difference in a replacement A arm bushing part number or something, between the 97, and 98. I don't even understand it, and not even sure if I solidly remember. That may be the reason for the cutoff you're seeing, I dunno. RC tends to not list a lot of applications that their stuff works for, either due to mods, or just because they don't wanna. The front winch mount being another case of this. All I can say is look at what you're getting, and understand where it goes, to make your own judgement.

I just cannibalized a 97, and an 04 into my 98, didn't notice anything that would make the cutoff. If you want to lift your IFS, and choose to go with RC, I'm half tempted to steer you towards the 6" kit, and just find some shorter blocks for the back if you don't want to go 6". The way the kit is set up, I have to have the front fairly cranked to make it set level with the rear. Also if you're keen to welding, I would trim the frame, and not the axle. You might be able to use the U bolts they send you in that case, so you're not just tossing the entire rear part of the kit.

You must be registered for see images attach