Truck extremely bouncy after lift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Shocks topped out, etc, need to get it down a bit. Can look at it and see it's tall for what a 6 inch should be. What do cv angles look like? Are they back to being bad. if you're having this much trouble with a 6 " kit there's something not quite right. most times looking at a pretty factory like ride.
How exactly would I do that? Would I loosen the upper and lower control arms and let it set to the height of which it should be?

Hipster

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
How exactly would I do that? Would I loosen the upper and lower control arms and let it set to the height of which it should be?
everything is pointing to key indexing or the tbars being installed wrong, Only you guys know what you did . if you totally removed the tbars and threw them in a pile, or marked them for reinstall, marked for indexing, etc. Sounds like you had a situation of too many cooks in the kitchen. When I get to mechanicin' I send the clown show home with the beers. Less chaos, distraction, and room for error.

Last edited:

Hipster

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The bars should be labeled left and right. On the stock bars the stickers are at the front end of the bar I remember correctly. The lift kit manufacturer should have the t bars labeled.
Can't speak on these ones specifically, stickers are often long gone, some have a stamp or L/R cast into them, and odd part number ending in 1,3,6,9 is left, even on the right if there's a partial there.. it might be in the destructions, but much info can be lost in the tear down.

Last edited:

Hipster

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The kit didn’t come with t bars
Everybody involved in this thread is aware the lift kit you bought doesn't come with t bars. He's referring to the ones that came out. SC111 has also mentioned factory bars are marked. You're going to have to go over this install with a fine tooth comb.. And still no mention if they were stock keys or not that you put back in. That info(the keys)makes a world of difference.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Everybody involved in this thread is aware the lift kit you bought doesn't come with t bars. He's referring to the ones that came out. SC111 has also mentioned factory bars are marked. You're going to have to go over this install. And still no mention if they were stock keys or not.
Stock keys no replacement key with the kit