Truck extremely bouncy after lift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sean Buick 76

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I’m not sure if it’s even possible to install them one full notch out it was just an idea. If you have a torsion bar remover tool then you could test the tension with the front end off the ground. There shouldn’t be an extreme amount of tension on the key unless the adjuster bolt is tightened up or when there is weight on the bar.

Orpedcrow

I don’t know what I’m doing
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Does rough country offer or recommend some upper control arms for geometry correction? That’s what we need to do with dropped trucks, I’d imagine itd be the same with lifted.

Last edited:
Reaction score
They only offer them for a 2-3 inch l
Does rough country offer or recommend some upper control arms for geometry correction? That’s what we need to do with dried trucks, I’d imagine itd be the same with lifted.
They only offer them for a 2-3 inch lift the 6 comes with a drop mount to correct geometry it just seems like anything I do the front end is to tall for the upper control arm.

Hipster

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If you have to t bar adjust bolts backed out, lots of thread showing, little of it above the key and it still no good then the indexing mabe be an issue. Sounds like you're going the wrong way with the adjusters. Truck looks like 6" kit cranked trying to get 8, and that fits the descriptions you're giving as far as clearance issues and ride quality. Tht jack hammer ride is no good for the new parts, and control arms need to be tightened with the vehicle at ride height, weight on the suspension, so the bushing aren't bound, so when doing up down ride height adjustments loosening them back up is the best way to avoid damaging control arm bushings..

Last edited:
Reaction score
If you have to t bar adjust bolts backed out, lots of thread showing, little of it above the key and it still no good then the indexing mabe be an issue. Sounds like you're going the wrong way with the adjusters and truck looks like 6" kit cranked trying to get keys
I’m trying to keep it somewhat level but trust me keys are not cranked

Reaction score
If you have to t bar adjust bolts backed out, lots of thread showing, little of it above the key and it still no good then the indexing mabe be an issue. Sounds like you're going the wrong way with the adjusters. Truck looks like 6" kit cranked trying to get 8, and that fits the descriptions you're giving as far as clearance issues and ride quality.
If it wasn’t for it being soaking wet outside I’d show a picture of the keys

SNCTMPL

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did you tighten up the control arms with the suspension hanging?

What torsion bars did you install?

Reaction score
It was me and a few work buddies doing it but I’m sure they did and I said it might be the issue but I’m new to the job as a tech and these guys have installed plenty lift so I took their word that might that be the problem

Hipster

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It was me and a few work buddies doing it but I’m sure they did and I said it might be the issue but I’m new to the job as a tech and these guys have installed plenty lift so I took their word that might that be the problem
Not sure what you're tring to say there, but I added a bit more to my post while others had posted. Might be worth going back to for you.