K2XX / 2015 style Towing Mirror Disassembly How To

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

88GMCtruck

I'm all 8-Luggy!
Reaction score
Auburn, Wa: From Covington, Wa: Albion, Wa: Pullma
For those who are thinking of getting GMT800 99-02 mirrors like i did, there is one little snag I did not know about. The polarity of the mirrors between GMT400 and GMT800 trucks is reversed left and right in the switch, and because of the way the mirror motors and switches are built there is no good/easy way to overcome this, swapping the wires just moves the polarity swap to the up/down function instead of the left/right. Just something I have to live with unfortunately

-----------------------------

Little bit of sanding, painting, sanding, painting, painting, sanding, some more painting and sanding then a bit of polish.
You must be registered for see images attach

Put them all back together. I'm liking the look.

I also snagged a few comparison shots of the new VS old mirror. Both the upper and lower glass is larger by a decent amount. The lower convex is WAY wider of an angle which should be a huge advantage. The mirrors don't stick out any farther while they are in, though when pulled out they actually extend less than the previous style mirror.

Once I was done playing around, I decided it was time to take care of that pesky amber signal.....

20% black vinyl. Works SO well. And lets plenty of light through

Few photos of them on the truck, ignore how dirty it is, we haven't had much good weather here.

I still haven't finished wiring them up, hopefully will get them done tonight.

88GMCtruck

I'm all 8-Luggy!
Reaction score
Auburn, Wa: From Covington, Wa: Albion, Wa: Pullma
Got everything all wired up and working. Here are my observations:

- The Clearnace lights and Glass Signals are nice and bright and useful.
- They seem to vibrate less than the previous style.
- The Convex mirror is WAY more wide angled. I don't think a blind spot exists anymore.
- The backup lights don't really do anything useful it seems. :(

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
So i basically sacrifice my old mirrors just for the bases :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The GMTK200 mirrors are now made with GMT400 bases.

Simple, put the brand new bases on your older style towing mirrors and sell them to someone with a GMT800 that needs them.

You do realize the aftermarket GMT800 styler mirrors for GMT400s, are actually flipped around from factory mirrors right?

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
The GMTK200 mirrors are now made with GMT400 bases.

You do realize the aftermarket GMT800 styler mirrors for GMT400s, are actually flipped around from factory mirrors right?
If he wants the options Dave has he will have to use his old mirrior bases though.