Looking on how to Wire up sequential “turn signal” Tow Mirrors and make them function?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

A97obs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I’ve Searched online and here under multiple topics and could not come to a conclusion… It might be all plug and play with the after market gmt400 tow mirrors available online or it could Mean extra necessary wiring needed , or the wires are already provided/ provisioned Tucked away . At any rate how do we get these available turn signal Tow mirrors or even a sequential signal Tow mirror to function on a gmt400 that pretty much just came with power mirrors . Is there a trick? Is the front turn signal wiring already setup In doors for the blinkers

In My case this would be for a 92-99 gmt suburban c1500, below is something along the lines of what I might consider.
You must be registered for see images attach

fancyTBI

Some of my trucks run and drive
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Minn95Dually

Reaction score
I also have been trying to find out if my 1995 manual mirror truck is pre-wired for power mirrors.

A97obs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I also have been trying to find out if my 1995 manual mirror truck is pre-wired for power mirrors.
Yea for me it’s a WTH spot.. I haven’t read much about it but turn signal mirroring wasn’t a thing in these trucks In the 90s so to sell a operational
“turn signal” mirror makes no sense to me as far as what wires in the door are connected and proprietary to the blinker switch .
I just wonder if you have to run wiring under the dash and splice into something

Orpedcrow

I don’t know what I’m doing
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You will have to run wires for turn signals. The “sequential” part of the lighting is built into the mirror, should just need a regular power and ground input. The only kind of illumination I know of in the door is for the courtesy lights.

@fancyTBI shared the thread above with all the information.

A97obs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You will have to run wires for turn signals. The “sequential” part of the lighting is built into the mirror, should just need a regular power and ground input. The only kind of illumination I know of in the door is for the courtesy lights.

appreciate it .. now hopefully I can find a worthy mirror set without shi* reviews for 100$ or so lol . I know everything is china made . But sometimes you get lucky , Amazon reviews are sketch , might go eBay

A97obs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If we” don’t want the mirror lights to act or operate as a park light at the same time as the “real parking bulbs” can any part of the wiring be skipped ? ID rather not deal with diodes etc .. Can the whole diode thing be skipped if just wiring the mirrors turn wires direct to the corner side markers …

A97obs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

Yea I i don’t mind tapping into existing turn harness wiring to pull the power from.. I just don’t feel confident with the diode thing .. I am not savvy with electrical.
Can we do away with that diode or relay part if we don’t want or need the parking light feature on the mirrors?

Orpedcrow

I don’t know what I’m doing
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yep, if only turn signal is needed then you would just tag the turn signal wire.