Looking on how to Wire up sequential “turn signal” Tow Mirrors and make them function?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PM18S4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you only want turn and not stop/park, the mirror signals lamps should tap into the front left and right turn signals (LT BLU and DK BLU), and not the left and right rear signals (YEL and DK GRN), as the rears' are tied into the brake signal in the Multifunction Switch.
For the 96+, late model, GMT400 (and probably the 88-95 years as well), the most accessible place to tap into inside the cabin would be in the IP harness between the Steering Column Connector C266, and the Bulkhead Firewall Connector.

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

A97obs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If you only want turn and not stop/park, the mirror signals lamps should tap into the front left and right turn signals (LT BLU and DK BLU), and not the left and right rear signals (YEL and DK GRN), as the rears' are tied into the brake signal in the Multifunction Switch.
For the 96+, late model, GMT400 (and probably the 88-95 years as well), the most accessible place to tap into inside the cabin would be in the IP harness between the Steering Column Connector C266, and the Bulkhead Firewall Connector.

Makes sense ! I saw most vids on YouTube showing everyone taps in at the harness above the pcm box . One guy did it at the column .

As far as what mirrors are people using with good feedback?

It seems (Trail ridge) is the go to aftermarket Tow mirror worth using ! Although there price point on power only is steep at 150$ + or 249 for power and signals .

The only discrepancy I found and without any real answer as to wether it was a mistake in wiring or the way the that model mirror works was on a obs install For Trail ridge “ TR00057

It shows the LED lights in front of that mirror wire up as a solid lit parking light only!
They didn’t function as a turn signal. Made no sense to me if that was true when it literally looks like a turn Signal led housing .
Here’s the set I was gonna get if I chose to do turns .
These apparently only blink off the two amber leds facing the rear of the vehicle . When the entire front does nothing but stays lit as a running light . Which seems useless to oncoming traffic.
I might call them and confirm this .

A97obs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I like the brand and build of this mfgr but the rounded corners aren’t my thing takes away from the nicer square design on the turn signal set and matches the look of the obs .. The only square style mirror housing that are offered are with the 250$ set through trail ridge

Rounded corners ~>>

Power + Turn (Square mirrors)

There really is no good answer out there on what’s been a good affordable 70-100$ pair that holds to their name as far as an Amazon set is concerned . I could use manual or power or do away with the turn signal idea idc .. but where’s the weak point in any scenario lol... I hear most brands have rattle and shakes . Loose fitting , etc.. that’s why I guess trail ridge was named the go to brand for swapping mainly for the reinforcement bracket they offer. I just don’t like the rounded corners on every “Non Turn” set offered.

Last edited:

1952Chevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
These are the ones I bought, power, heated, and lights/turn. I haven't had a chance to wire them up yet, but they function well. The upper glass does shake a bit, but not as bad as others I have seen.