K2XX / 2015 style Towing Mirror Disassembly How To

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Spastik Monkey

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
"I bought 99-02 mirrors and I'm putting them on my 88-98 door mount since they are the same."

Got ya. I haven't put tow mirrors on before, so I didn't know the oddities. I didn't know if you meant the actual door itself, or if there was a separate conversion mounting bracket.

88GMCtruck

I'm all 8-Luggy!
Reaction score
Auburn, Wa: From Covington, Wa: Albion, Wa: Pullma
Got ya. I haven't put tow mirrors on before, so I didn't know the oddities. I didn't know if you meant the actual door itself, or if there was a separate conversion mounting bracket.

No, all the mirror bases have different shapes for the different body styles. The mirror internals are all similar so I can swap parts between the two easy enough to make something that isn't offered.

Spastik Monkey

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
No, all the mirror bases have different shapes for the different body styles. The mirror internals are all similar so I can swap parts between the two easy enough to make something that isn't offered.

Well, I'm going to have to find me some 88-98 bases to switch on to a newer set. I pull an 18ft car trailer and a lot of times another car dolly behind that. Would love to have the extra reverse lights. Plus heat is nice because, let's face it, I'm lazy when it comes to cold weather.

Spastik Monkey

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yes i'm using a set of bases off the previous GMT800 styled towing mirrors. They are the correct bases for our GMT400 trucks.

Awesome. Thank you for answering all my questions. This is why I love their forum, guys are actually on here to help each other.

GMC Burbalade

Busy slacking
Reaction score
Any installed pictures yet? I've only seen the chrome ones on one 400 and I've yet to see the black ones installed.

AbramF_496

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I would really like the power fold option just for s and giggles when I lock my truck but eh $$$$$$

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AbramF_496

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So i basically sacrifice my old mirrors just for the bases :(

michael hurd

Stalker be gone.
Reaction score
So i basically sacrifice my old mirrors just for the bases :(

Simple, put the brand new bases on your older style towing mirrors and sell them to someone with a GMT800 that needs them.