Driver side heated night shifting mirror glass

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AK49BWL

GMT400 Forever!
Reaction score
Wait there heated mirrors? How can I swap one out for one? Is the harness the same for non heated ones?
It is not the same. There are two additional wires, and an 8-pin connector instead of a 4-pin for the standard no-frills power mirror. For the ones with dimming, all 8 pins are populated in the connector. If you do not have a defog button, you will have to figure out a way to activate the heated mirrors. But of course it's "possible" to swap em in lol. How much work do you want to do to achieve the desired results tho ;)

Cadillac Bob

Slammin original 4x4 Cadillac doors!
Reaction score
Yes mine are auto-dimming on top of being heated. An So George hit me back he has the mirrors both but he told me $215 shipped. Not being jerky but I thought he was parting out his vehicle not selling gold bars! lol

evilunclegrimace

Does not always play well with others
Reaction score
Yes mine are auto-dimming on top of being heated. An So George hit me back he has the mirrors both but he told me $215 shipped. Not being jerky but I thought he was parting out his vehicle not selling gold bars! lol
If it is $215.00 for both mirrors that is still less than 25% of new.

Cadillac Bob

Reaction score
Yes I agree but that’s the problem there are no brand new ones! All of the mirrors as this are in used condition no matter how nice they’re still used and 24-25 years old. But he came down to $205 which with shipping I was fine with. I wish I had more free time to have just met up with him as were both Michiganders lol but he may be just as busy as me.

Cadillac Bob

Reaction score
I think only certain upgraded models got them as was part of the extra cost when new. But majority of mirrors are electric and heated but not auto-dimming that’s truly a upscale luxury vehicle thing but has become commonplace due to vehicles costing more and having to be loaded up for their higher prices. That’s the big drawback of vehicles now that you’re getting a ton of options in a lesser model that the gap between them and a high end model aren’t so far apart that’s the biggest problem I would say for gm that you can get most options on a Chevy that a Cadillac has but for way less money. Just features talking and that makes both vehicles more and less expensive as it brings the Chevy up and the Cadillac down. Sometimes gm just needs to keep certain options only for certain brands vs allowing them to be had across the whole umbrella!