Clicking/buzzing coming from drivers side dash

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not sure how a brake booster does that, when mine went bad it just makes a whooshing sound when stepping on pedal.

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So it increases and follows engine rpm. Have smog pump?
Power steer pump fluid low? Belt tensioner pulley, idler pulley?
Follows engine RPM focus around engine under hood where I would start.

IsaakMooar

Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
I took the air cleaner off and this is what it sounds like. Almost sounds like injector noise is seperate from whatever the other one is. Not even 100% sure that’s what I’m hearing in the cab because I don’t know how it sounds so clear in there. I can feel a sort of vibrations that is in time with the noise on the fuel lines both where they enter into the throttle body and where they run under the cab before they go into the frame rail.

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That's an aftermarket TBI unit? When you put your hand on top of the injectors can you feel them firing in time with the click whoosh noise?

IsaakMooar

Reaction score
That's an aftermarket TBI unit? When you put your hand on top of the injectors can you feel them firing in time with the click whoosh noise?
I believe so I didn’t do much research into it. Has a spacer and an intake and the guy was unclear if it was an aftermarket unit or just a remand one. And yes I can feel the injectors firing in time with the click.

IsaakMooar

Reaction score
I believe so I didn’t do much research into it. Has a spacer and an intake and the guy was unclear if it was an aftermarket unit or just a remand one. And yes I can feel the injectors firing in time with the click.
It still doesn’t make sense to me why it quits when at full lock going down my driveway. Maybe the noise is sneaking by the steering shaft grommet or resonating through something that just so happens to deaden out when in that position?

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I knew you’d be able to feel it. :waytogo:

See Me
Feel Me
Touch Me
Heal Me
- The Who

Last edited:

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You might want to crawl around under the cab , check for any lines, loose or broken clamps. Something is moving rattling in time with engine, injectors , fuel lines. If it taps or hits the cab it feel like being inside a bass drum, the sound carries around you. When turning the wheel the suspension body flex is enough to counteract whatever is causing it.
When you turn and it stops the noise, could you stop the truck and have another person just turn the wheel with hood up to try and locate source. There is clamp holding the fuel lines down the back of engine, missing? Loose lines rattling?

ChRoNo16

Reaction score
Previous owner claimed to have installed a new one. How could I test it.
A small lesson for you, and the future of buying vehicles.

1. Just because a PO says he replaced something does not mean he did.
2. If PO did replace the part, how do you know he knew what he was doing? Did he do it right?
3. always remember "Adult Driven" in for sale ads means nothing, adults drive like morons too.