Clicking/buzzing coming from drivers side dash

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

IsaakMooar

Reaction score
Please help.
I recently bought a 94 k1500 with the 350. When the engine is running there is this weird rapid clicking or buzzing coming from the drivers side dash area. It sounds louder when you are under the dash where the pedals are. If you give it a little throttle it increases in speed and makes almost a sucking noise right when the rpm starts to increase. It doesn’t change with hvac control setting. Even unplugged the fuses for the hvac and the gauges in case it was either of them. The only condition that I’ve heard it quit is when at full lock at the bottom of my driveway when backing out in the morning. And sometimes when one front tire is going over a larger bump (going into a parking lot) and the other is not. I’m very new to this forum and would like to send videos if it helps but I don’t know how. Please help I’m going insane.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My missing weedwacker?

Last edited:

IsaakMooar

Reaction score
I’ve done some more investigation and it seems like it’s coming from under the hood. Either the distributor ignition coil or the throttle body. Any ideas?

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you put your hand on distributor, can you feel it?

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My “guess”, you got a bad distributor.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can you put your hand on TB or whatever you think it is and feel any vibration?