K2XX / 2015 style Towing Mirror Disassembly How To

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

98MNChevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hey that looks great!! I know exactly what you mean about the body lines, some towing mirrors do not stick out perpendicular to the truck and they just do not look right at all. (That's just my opinion) Yours look real nice though! (That's a fact!) :)
What did you end up using to hold the glass onto the motors in the back? JB weld or 3M tape?

Thanks! I sure love the new addition to the mirrors, even if it is really subtle.

Believe it or not, I got all four pieces of glass (1 from each factory 07-13 and 1 from each aftermarket 88-98) without breaking a single tab!! Once I had all the pieces of glass out and laying next to each other it was easy to notice that they were exactly the same on the back. So once everything was wired up and tested, all I had to do was "pop" the factory 07-13 mirrors on to the motors in the 88-98 housings. The mirrors are a direct fit and no modification was required. They fit just like they would if they had been made that way from the factory. So far I've had no problems with them!

The second picture is a little hard to see, but it's showing the blinker for both the taillight and the mirror.

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FastOrange

OBSless
Reaction score
anyone else had a issue of the LED in the clearance light flickering?

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk