K2XX / 2015 style Towing Mirror Disassembly How To

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nickthehick78

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks Nick! I thought about trying to take my motors apart but gave up on that idea early on. I got mine working at with just left and right swapped currently.
yeah, if you have 3 wire that should be all you had to do....lucky!

i just added cb antennas to my mirror bases, put bad pic's up of it on my page....flash screwed up most of the pic's. went to put driver mirror back together and found i cracked the big mirror lock tabs...they just did not fall off.....how the heck did you get them apart without breaking the tabs? now i need both big mirrors and cant find them anywhere! emailed ebay seller, they got back to me same day, said they would cut $10 off a mirror....that's going to hurt buying another set.....and if i do i gotta find a way to get apart without breaking!
if anyone knows where i can find the glass with the tabs on back please let me know!

ray_z71

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I need confirmation. Does the heat symbol on the mirror illuminate when they are on?

ray_z71

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok. Thanks for the quick response. I couldn't figure out if it was me or what..o_O

packratt

Reaction score
Are the flat and convex mirrors both power adjust? If so, how do they adjust independently with only 4 wires and 1 switch with no lens selector?

1999gmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

My motor had 4 wires that went into 3. The 2 white wires were soldered together about 4" from the motor. So all I had to do was cut one white wire and run it out the mirror to the connector. I also split the mirror blinker from the marker lights so the marker could be a running light and a blinker. And the mirror side was just a blinker.

1999gmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
These are the 99-02 mirrors because I wanted heat. I had heat on my old mirrors. I really like the light hooked up to reverse. It was nice tonight backing in with that light lighting up the side.

I have the blinker on and it in reverse

I got the driver side mirror taken apart and rewired tonight, so hopefully tomorrow I can get it installed.

Z71Hobbs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I know this is a longshot...but for those folks who broke a mirror and had to order another set, does anyone have a set of chrome upper caps to sell? I'm toying with an idea, and am in search of a set.