K2500 as a Daily

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

11MPG

Reaction score
Wiring and controller in just now waiting for the rest of the stuff in the mail.

You must be registered for see images attach

11MPG

Reaction score
Got my gauge installed with power run to it. Just waiting on the Mag-Hytec trans pan so I can hook up the temperature probe.

The interior is all back together finally. Sound deadener in the doors, floor, and roof has this thing super quiet. The burgundy color isn't my favorite but with the seat and the new carpet being grey I think it's fine.

11MPG

Reaction score
Aunt was selling this. 1 owner, 1997 K2500 Vortec 454 with a 5 speed NV4500. I seriously considered purchasing it cause I really want a big block 5 speed, but it was too nice to make into a parts truck. Young kid ended up buying it.

BowtieBrody

Jesus Murphy!
Reaction score
You're right, two days later I saw it with straight pipes and he was dumping the clutch leaving the gas station.

That sounds like a sad sight for such a beautiful truck, you should've bought it so your RCLB had a friend!

11MPG

Reaction score
Got my Mag-Hytec trans pan in the Mail ordered direct with the extended filter. Was pleasantly surprized to find out it already has a tap for a temp sensor at the back of the pan. There is a debate about whether or not to put the sensor in the pressure test port or the pan since the test port is the hot point right before the fluid hits the cooler and the pan is the low side when it comes back.

I'm personally a fan of putting it in the pan because you get a better idea of how effective your cooling/flow rate is because you have the fluid temp that the trans is about to suck in. Ideally a target temp of 175F max at that spot is good.

11MPG

Reaction score
Sun set pics. Need to get an actual camera instead of an iPhone 5.

MDR-97-Z71

400 Obsessor
Reaction score
Very nice truck! Never knew you were on this site as well, first read your build on GMFS where I've been lurking around on occasion.

Sent from my powered iPhone