K2500 as a Daily

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

11MPG

Reaction score
Bought a GMT400. Figured I'd join the forum if i needed advice on anything.

Finding a not "rusted out, hacked up, high milage" GMT400 is getting way too hard. I had a 96 k1500 that was rough when I bought it at 16 and it only got worse from there. Lessons learned. End of the day something got posted on craigslist and that day I bought it.

The 1 owner, 1998 K2500, 83k original Carfax miles, dealer serviced with no under body rust or pealing clear coat paint. AC works, heat works, cruise control works, lights work, gauges work, no exhaust leaks, not rattles or squeaks either. Figured i'd change the shocks but nope, rides fine. Yeah the interior is that awful GM maroon color but i'm stretching cause there aren't even any cracks in it. Thing is I've driven it 100 miles so far and can't find anything that needs to be fixed. When I say no rust it's got the original 19 year old brake lines and I don't fear for my life.

For specs it has a 5.7, 4.10 gears, 6inch suspension lift (Dealer Installed in 97 when it was sold), and 34 inch BFGs.

Thoughts. Ordered a quiet Spintech 8000 with dual 2.5 in and single 3.5 out. No exhaust tip, just having 3.5 inch bent as a factory style tail pipe. Dropping it off to off to get welded in stainless at some point when the muffler gets here. Put a K&N large cone filter in the factory box. I'll get a Black Bear tune to wrap it all up. Tires have some dry rot and the fronts are worn on the outer edges from a bad alignment. Gonna get new KO2s in the same size at the end of the summer cause money doesn't grow on trees.

Want to keep it simple and Daily it cause my built Suburban sucks fuel like i've never seen.

You must be registered for see images attach

All original underneath. Never painted.

14.1 MPG so far.

The K2500 and my tank. Burb has a 226/236 cam, Trick Flow heads, TBSS Manifold, 1&7/8 headers, 3200 stall, 4.88 gears. Goes on and on.

Clayed it, then compounded it, polish, then wax. Paint came out great.

Last edited:

BowtieBrody

Jesus Murphy!
Reaction score
:Whoa: Looks great! I've wanted a RCLB 3/4 or one ton for a work truck, what brand of wheels are on it?
Looking forward to seeing more posts on this truck!

11MPG

Reaction score
:Whoa: Looks great! I've wanted a RCLB 3/4 or one ton for a work truck, what brand of wheels are on it?
Looking forward to seeing more posts on this truck!
Thanks. They're old school American Racing wheels from the 90s.

JScott23

8 Lug Expert
Reaction score
Looks good man! And you're right, hard to find trucks that have been left alone anymore.

OutlawDrifter

Long Roof K2500 Driver
Reaction score
Very nice! I was trying to find an ECSB K2500 before I ran across my pickup.

Portedfrankenstien

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Awesome truck, man. Mine's a k2500 daily too. But you get far better mileage. Ha ha. It's super clean. And the only time I've ever been a fan of maroon interior, is when the exterior is red. Then it actually looks good in my opinion. Good find. I'm excited to watch this truck.