K2500 as a Daily

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

5spd Z71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Nice! Clean looking truck! I only get about 13.5mpg with mine, so don't feel bad about the mileage haha

Last edited:

11MPG

Reaction score
Apreciate it guys. I have good intentions to clean the K2500 up a bit here and there. Will post progress. Have a few more pics.

You must be registered for see images attach

One of the issues with the K2500 and the K3500 is the tire width in the front. The BFGs grab small stones and chip the hell out of the paint on the bottom of the door. the passenger side is find but on bottom of the driver's side door this design has caused some of the paint to peel. Later this spring I'm shoving it in the paint booth and using a thin spray on liner along the bottom of the truck below the trim. After that we'll color match the red and spray it over the liner.

I would like to pull the body bushings off and replace them. Time permitting I'd love to yank the cab and bed off and replace all the lines as well as sand blast and repaint the frame. Did that to the C10 to K10 frame swap. I'll see what happens.

Also here's the Burb. 226/236 cam, TBSS intake manifold with 87mm TB (X-Link), 60lb injectors, GenX 205 heads, long tube headers, 3200 Circle-D Stall, 4.88 gears with a Truetrac. Goes on and on. Lift is just keys, 1.5 spring spacers and a 1.5 inch body lift. (4 inches in the front and 3 inches in the rear overall lift) Tires are just 33x12.5 making the rpms really howl with the 4.88 gears.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Last edited:

11MPG

Reaction score
Dropped the Truck off to get a new set of KO2s put on as well as a new Pitman/Idler arm and get the jacked alignment fixed. Never owned the new KO2 nor have I seen one perform but i've heard good things. Will post when I get it back.

Last edited:

11MPG

Reaction score
New KO2s on. Tossed out the dented up hub caps.

Mangonesailor

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm interested to see how the underside of the front end looks with the factory 6" lift. Might be nice to find in a junk yard. Looks like the torsion bars are semi-tucked under there.

Got an RPO code list?