K2500 as a Daily

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

11MPG

Reaction score
There is one minor ding in it, under the tail light in this pic. Having a shop take care of it. Also the fender flares are badly faded. I was thinking about just recoloring them black but they have some warping in them. Anyone have any experience with the Bushwacker fender flares as far as fitment is concerned?

Also if you look the rear of it doesn't line up with the bed. Cab needs new body bushings. Normally I don't nit pic at all but this thing is close enough to being perfect that I have too.

You must be registered for see images attach

11MPG

Reaction score
Raw iPhone 5 pics.

11MPG

Reaction score
Always polished by hand so I figured being a noob i'd get the DA Polisher from Meguiars. For a north east truck with 19 year old paint I was impressed. Close up pics don't lie.

11MPG

Reaction score
I promised myself that the cab and bed will come off so i can do it right but since I cant take off work until later this summer I couldn't stand to stare at it. So yeah, 3M Scotch Pad, masked everything followed by Krylon Rust Primer and Krylon Rust Paint. I'll give it a 2nd coat later and then wet sand it a bit to make it uniform. Temporary for the next few months.

Later washed it cause pollen season. (the 3 tiny dents in the roof piss me off) Then laid down sound deadener in the entire floor and under the headliner. Also got brand new carpet from StockInteriors.com.

The Getto early 2000s stereo got ripped out and the door speakers go next. Next project is front and rear JBLs with tweeters, a 900 watt amp, JL Audio Sub, and a Pioneer head. Also putting sound deadener in the doors.

And yes I hate the burgundy interior color but those were the cards I was dealt with. My new/used junkyard seat (yeah need to paint the brackets) and the new carpet help.

Last edited:

BowtieBrody

Jesus Murphy!
Reaction score
I'm in love with this truck, even with the red interior.
For a northern truck it looks cleaner body and frame wise than any truck I've seen here in the south!
I reckon I need to take a look at that interior website, I just hope it won't be an arm and a leg for my Suburban's interior.

JScott23

8 Lug Expert
Reaction score
I probably would've kept the red carpet because I'm a red interior junkie, but great job with this build man. Such a clean truck, and red trucks look so good all prettied up.