I got a F*rd

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2drXmobb

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I love Ford's, f100s , falcons, galaxies, Lincolns, Mercury's , tbirds early pony cars 2nd Gen bronco was my go to but couldn't afford it at the time and couldn't find one so I bought a chebby. I'm still not a chebby person lmao it's like that ugly person you don't like but you eventually fall in love with them over time hahaha .

CumminsFever

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
"give me 40 acres and I'll turn this rig around" rings in my head as I look at the pics. It ain't purty, it ain't nothing I'd want, but when the lady of the house is attached to something, ya does what ya gotta do!
You'll have fun working on it, make some memories, and in the end you'll still cruise to town in the chebby!
Don't feel bad for diversifying, I have "other" vehicles too. The latest project is that cummins shipping crate they call a RAM.
Enjoy this adventure and keep us updated on the progress! We'll secretly cheer you on as we boo your non-chevy choices!

weaponoffreedom

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
So, got a deal on an '89 F350 that belongs to my fiancé's family. They were gonna scrap it out, but she and I were able to snag it for just above scrap value for $500. It's been sitting about 8 years I think? It's a neat old conversion truck, that I haven't actually seen in person, but fiancé was describing her memories of the truck, and I decided to jump on getting it for her. crew cab dually, 2wd, XLT Lariat, with what seems all the cool factory options. Plan is to haul it down from Idaho, and slowly throw a few parts at it here and there and get her back on the road in the next couple of years.
jesus died on the cross to save humanity from their sin, but I am not sure that he forsaw that one. HAHAHA

Orpedcrow

I don’t know what I’m doing
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cool rig! I’ve been working on a few of these for a little while now. My boss keeps buying them so I have to keep them going lol. They’re not terrible, actually growing on me (kinda) since I’ve been figuring out how they work. You will need an entire full toolbox to do anything though, and be prepared for some strange engineering…

The 460 in our shop truck has pulled/hauled everything we’ve put behind it without even noticing, but it’s also a 5 speed.

You must be registered for see images attach

Orpedcrow

I don’t know what I’m doing
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I’ve had to put brake calipers on every single one, even these “nice low mile” examples.

Reaction score
There isn’t anything wrong with fords, as long as the e4od is built to be reliable. You have a c6 if I remember right from reading. I own a 1996 bronco that I am in the middle of a Restomod project. Built 351w and a zf5. Converted to an 8 lug using a f250 rear end and Frankensteined the front using Chevy dana 44 outer axles and brake components. Jb7 calipers and big rotors. Long travel cut and turned beams from solo motorsports It’s my favorite vehicle I’ve ever owned

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Cool rig! I’ve been working on a few of these for a little while now. My boss keeps buying them so I have to keep them going lol. They’re not terrible, actually growing on me (kinda) since I’ve been figuring out how they work. You will need an entire full toolbox to do anything though, and be prepared for some strange engineering…
I've got reasonably well-stocked toolboxes but every time I dig through them looking for the patience required to work on a Ford, I can never find it.

Richard