I got a F*rd

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dravec

Unashamed 400 addict. Best. Trucks. Ever.
Reaction score
So, got a deal on an '89 F350 that belongs to my fiancé's family. They were gonna scrap it out, but she and I were able to snag it for just above scrap value for $500. It's been sitting about 8 years I think? It's a neat old conversion truck, that I haven't actually seen in person, but fiancé was describing her memories of the truck, and I decided to jump on getting it for her. crew cab dually, 2wd, XLT Lariat, with what seems all the cool factory options. Plan is to haul it down from Idaho, and slowly throw a few parts at it here and there and get her back on the road in the next couple of years.

Attachments

• IMG_0955.jpg
    IMG_0955.jpg
    482.6 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_0956.jpg
    IMG_0956.jpg
    656.6 KB · Views: 34

Dravec

Reaction score
Its like watching Aaron Rodgers play for another team... But hopefully you dont break a transmission 3 minutes into your first drive
This won't be my first F*rd. Had a '92 F150 previously, and I inherited my Grandad's '72 F100. I'm still not sure what the power train on this truck is. Her family has no clue, but I'm assuming it's an automatic. So either C6 or E4OD. I'd be amazed if it had the ZF stick in it. I'm hoping 460, but there's a possibility it has the 351. According to her family, the motor was rebuilt right when they got it, and it probably only has 20k miles on the rebuild. It was used for a handful of trips out of state, but mostly just running around town and to the local dump .

Dravec

Reaction score
Hopefully you will have a better experience with this F word than I did with mine. Although I made money selling it, and part of that money went for a big Chevy, so it ended up working out....
Good news is, it's old enough to work on without having to have a degree in electrical engineering and/or computer systems. It's still a primarily mechanical beast.