GOT a van!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Spareparts

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
OH!, also here is some GOOD news.
I have started the process with the SSA to finally semi retire now that im 62.
I am happily so done working on airplanes, been doing it for 25 years and im just so done with it!
My bills are more than covered, but i need spending money, so i'll be working 4 days a week for 4 hours a day at the store right around the corner from me.
The plan is to stay busy doing mostly what i want. Working on cars, boats, riding quads and spending a lot more time in the mountains!

South VA

K2500 454 Long Roof
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am happily so done working on airplanes, been doing it for 25 years and im just so done with it!
My bills are more than covered, but i need spending money, so i'll be working 4 days a week for 4 hours a day at the store right around the corner from me.
The plan is to stay busy doing mostly what i want. Working on cars, boats, riding quads and spending a lot more time in the mountains!
Congratulations! Based on my experience in retirement, you'll not have a problem staying busy!

movietvet

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Sounds like what I did. I waited later to retire, March of 2022 at 69 years old. Got it all covered and have a nest egg. Now I stay busy with a schedule that I choose when I do vehicle repairs on the side at my home. I set the labor rate and pick and choose what I work on. I also pick and choose who I allow to have a vehicle here. I do miss running auto shops though. The right fit could bring me out of retirement.

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I hope you enjoy a long happy snd fullfilling retirement sir. Nothing makes me sadder than hearing about folks who only get a year or two of retirement before passing.

GrimsterGMC

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have worked with many older people and seen the deterioration they suffered when they retired. We all follow a fairly standard routine through our working lives, keeping in mind that we have spent most of our waking hours at work. They had no plans to fill their time when they finished working and couldn't handle the sudden stop. I encourage people to start planning before they get to retirement and have something else, be it a hobby or volunteering their time, to enable a gradual slow down that enables their natural routine to be maintained. Retired people have a lifetime of valuable experience to be shared with others just starting out, there is always someway you can put it to good use.

Spareparts

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Raining, so did not get the tuneup done. The 4 rear plugs you can change from the dog house the front 4 ill need to get from the front and i did not feel like getting cold and wet.
I did get the CMP set. Was -5 before adjustment. After adjustment it's a 0.

What is Start CLNT (F)_____48 ? The 2 wire temp sensor reading?
Temp outside was 37F according to my house thermometer.
The pic was taken cold before starting KOEO.
Also anyone know where i can grab a Manual for this 1999 Chevy Express van.

You must be registered for see images attach

Spareparts

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Remember the No start hard start when cold?
I changed the IAT and coolant temp sensor but made no difference.
Also remember the WOT problem?
I could not really find a cause. Checked grounds, connectors and nothing really stood out.
Was driving it around the neighborhood and it started to cutout above 20 mph but fine under 20. Speedo stopped working, ABS light came on. Only above about 20 mph.
Started doing some reading and found a post on another forum and the guy had almost the same symptoms. He tried a bunch of different things and nothing fixed it. Finally, he tried a new ECU and that fixed everything. Sooo.
I ordered a ECU from Flash Masters and installed it this morning. I did not need to do the relearn procedure as it worked first try.
My van now starts perfectly, drives great, Speedo work fine and no ABS light. Seems to be running better than it ever has and it was pretty good to start with when i got it.
Now when the weather improves I need to change the right side rear wheel bearing and seal. I did buy both seals and bearings along with new brake shoes as the rt side is soaked with diff oil. I think that is the last mechanical problem there is.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Raining, so did not get the tuneup done. The 4 rear plugs you can change from the dog house the front 4 ill need to get from the front and i did not feel like getting cold and wet.
I did get the CMP set. Was -5 before adjustment. After adjustment it's a 0.

What is Start CLNT (F)_____48 ? The 2 wire temp sensor reading?
Temp outside was 37F according to my house thermometer.
The pic was taken cold before starting KOEO.
Also anyone know where i can grab a Manual for this 1999 Chevy Express van.

You must be registered for see images attach
Try these guys. In Minnesota, but they go to swap meets all over the country. Good people, we've traded with them for years.

Attachments

• IMG_20240216_212635110.jpg
    IMG_20240216_212635110.jpg
    219.4 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_20240216_212620573_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20240216_212620573_HDR.jpg
    279.5 KB · Views: 8