GOT a van!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Spareparts

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
-11 out today and it will not start, did not even fire trying to start. Seems to be spinning over fine till the battery got low so put a charger on it.
Ran to the auto toy store and got some starting fluid and gave that a try. After about 4 hours and 3 or 4 tries letting the battery charge in between attempts it finally started.
Going to let the ol girl run for about an hour to get good and warm and melt all the ice off it and see if it starts tomorrow morning. Doubt it but can't do much else this weekend.
Supposed to get -14 tonight and right now at 3pm its -5 and that too cold for my old a** to be out there for more than about 10 minutes.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
-11 out today and it will not start, did not even fire trying to start. Seems to be spinning over fine till the battery got low so put a charger on it.
Ran to the auto toy store and got some starting fluid and gave that a try. After about 4 hours and 3 or 4 tries letting the battery charge in between attempts it finally started.
Going to let the ol girl run for about an hour to get good and warm and melt all the ice off it and see if it starts tomorrow morning. Doubt it but can't do much else this weekend.
Supposed to get -14 tonight and right now at 3pm its -5 and that too cold for my old a** to be out there for more than about 10 minutes.
Dude I got cold just reading that! It's "only " supposed to get into the low 20s here in Houston, and that's cold enough for me. I'm scheduled for work on Sunday, Monday and Tuesday, and the manager told us today that as long as Costco is open, we're expected to be there. Houston has many bayous and tons of freeways, and most people aren't fortunate enough to live near their jobs. I'm only about 6 miles away, but I have to cross one of those bayous, and there's really no way to get around that without a LOT of detouring.
Hopefully I'll have Rawhide available, gotta get him fixed tomorrow. He has better tires than the Burb, and heat and defrost that work!

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Dude I got cold just reading that! It's "only " supposed to get into the low 20s here in Houston, and that's cold enough for me. I'm scheduled for work on Sunday, Monday and Tuesday, and the manager told us today that as long as Costco is open, we're expected to be there. Houston has many bayous and tons of freeways, and most people aren't fortunate enough to live near their jobs. I'm only about 6 miles away, but I have to cross one of those bayous, and there's really no way to get around that without a LOT of detouring.
Hopefully I'll have Rawhide available, gotta get him fixed tomorrow. He has better tires than the Burb, and heat and defrost that work!
Supposed to get down to 7F and 9F the next two nights here. Be safe out there.

termite

Definitely NOT Awesome
Reaction score
Probably not going outside today and be in the house BOARD AS FK.
You must be registered for see images attach

It’s -40F here today…
+35 F here today with wind around 20-30mph. Plenty cold for me. Y'all keep that tundra weather to yourselves and stay warm.

Spareparts, I would comment on it being 74F inside but at -20 outside, I think I'd be looking for 90+.

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Probably not going outside today and be in the house BOARD AS FK.
We have a freestanding stove that heats the entire house and when cooking, the kitchen (small) is always warmer then the rest of the house. Try to keep it 70 in the rest of the house.
I spent all yesterday afternoon making buttermilk biscuits and then putting them in the freezer for the next couple weeks' breakfasts. Fortunately it hasn't snowed yet, so I was able to make a trip to the grocery store when I ran out of baking powder.