I got a F*rd

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had a similar year truck with the 6.9 (maybe 7.3, can't remember) back in the day. It was a great truck, but slow.
Yeah, my '90 was a 7.3L, our 83 was a 6.9L IIRC both were gutless N/A International Corn Binder engines. They couldn't sell them in a wheel tractor so, they sold them to Ford.

Dravec

Unashamed 400 addict. Best. Trucks. Ever.
Reaction score
That's gonna cost a pretty penny to get it down from Idaho. Why'd they park it?
I plan to haul it down myself. So probably $2k in fuel round trip, like when I brought the fiancé down. But we'll make a vacation trip out of it, so as far as I'm concerned, that'll offset the cost.

Reason they parked it, was the heater core cracked, and rather than fixing it, they went and bought a brand new Ram 3500 4x4 in '16 or '17 I think it was.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
You poor guy, I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy. lol
Just a few days ago was chatting with my buddy that I'd got into the car snatchin business with. He's a diehard Ford man. Other than that, he's pretty sharp..

He's telling me he got this extended cab blah blah 460 yada yada 5 speed somethingorother 4x4.

Told him I was sorry to hear it.. that it sounded great other than the whole Ford thing and the 4x4. Said, I bet you can even see daylight under that POS. :anitoof:

Best of luck to you, sir

Richard

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just a few days ago was chatting with my buddy that I'd got into the car snatchin business with. He's a diehard Ford man. Other than that, he's pretty sharp..

He's telling me he got this extended cab blah blah 460 yada yada 5 speed somethingorother 4x4.

Told him I was sorry to hear it.. that it sounded great other than the whole Ford thing and the 4x4. Said, I bet you can even see daylight under that POS. :anitoof:

Best of luck to you, sir

Richard
^^^True, I can only vouch for the first 10 years. I’d still prefer that truck over my 2018 Z71!

Hipster

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

Best of luck to you, sir

Richard
I was referring to the fiancé that digs Fords. When he gets it running, and she's still smiling, best to put her behind the wheel and let them both go down the road.

Run Dravec, RUN! lol Don't sign up for 30+ years of conflict. Joking of course.

Dravec

Unashamed 400 addict. Best. Trucks. Ever.
Reaction score
I was referring to the fiancé that digs Fords. When he gets it running, and she's still smiling, best to put her behind the wheel and let them both go down the road.

Run Dravec, RUN! lol Don't sign up for 30+ years of conflict. Joking of course.
Oh, she loves 400s too. They had a k1500 Burb that she wanted to be her first vehicle, but it was is such poor shape that it wasn't viable. She's also the one that wanted me to keep Gracie (ecsb K2500 that I picked up)

Hipster

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Only ever bought one Ford, new 2004 E350 van, It burned to the ground in the middle of highway about 5 miles from the dealership on the way home with it. 9-10 miles on the OD. Suspected clip and go fuel line wasn't clipped and ready to go. Ford had a very tight lipped team come look at it. Ford gave me another new one, it got an engine at 27k. No, lol