GOT a van!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Spareparts

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Changed the spark plugs today. Had a few random misfires according to the scanner. I could not tell when driving as it's smooth running engine.
The old plugs were shot!. Almost all the gaps measured .075 to .085, One measured .050. Did not drive it after the change so i'
You must be registered for see images attach
ll see how it runs tomorrow.

Spareparts

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hell yeah, that will help out. Haven’t posted much in this thread but I’ve been keeping up on it. Glad you got a van and stuck around.
Well i was wondering if i should or not after selling my suburban but after thinking about it the van is more or less, mostly a GMT 400.
What were the new plugs gapped to? .060" is better than .075", but they really ought to be down closer to .050". I run .045" with the blowers in the trucks.
The new plugs were gapped at .060. I have messed with plug gaps on the same 7.4l before and did not see any real difference so i just left em alone.

movietvet

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Some systems are set up that they have to have a certain number of key cycle misfires before will set a code. Fords have large misfire counts before CEL.