Here it's is,my rusty ex plow truck.. It's a 2k crew dually 454 4l80 with 456 locker. One big mess

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hacknwhack

Reaction score
I agree. But like to overbuild things for safety. Still need to find quality bolts for the spring hangers. Plan on swapping those out also.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Bob L

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I just rebuilt the rear frame rails on an F-150. When it came time to reattach the spring hangers I went the easy rt. I welded them back on. I figure at this point it is the last repair for it. Quick easy cheap.

Hacknwhack

Reaction score
I just looked up the dorman hangers. Hardware is just grade 8 course threads with locking nuts.

My mig is definitely coming out for this project. Going to patch some rust on rear tank support. Using a small section from parts truck. l figure is should leave one crossmember factory riveted.

Hacknwhack

Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach
descaled and painted

Hacknwhack

Reaction score
I'm in ct. Truck came from nh and then was in mass. Used as a highway plow and sander.

Bob L

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I guess it would be a good highway plow but could not imagine doing driveways with it. Looks like you have a needle gun for scaling. You work fast.

Hacknwhack

Reaction score
I'm retired too much time on my hands haha. I don't have a needle scaler. Would've been handy today. I used a mac air chisle with an array of locking snapon bits. Have a lot of control. Have had several snapon air hammers. Gave up on them when I got the mac .. very smooth control and no kickback. Then went over it with various types of wire wheels in a 4.5 grinders.. have several . No changover time savers.

Bob L

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I first used a scaling gun in the Coast Guard back in the early 70's. I got one about 10 years ago at a yard sale that the seller had no idea what it was for. I use it often in my auto body rust repairs.

Hacknwhack

Reaction score
Someday I will ad one to my collection. At this point I have too many tools. But still have a bucket list. A lift is a high priority. Then build a paint booth out of my chicken coup.