Feels like rolling over something after extended a arms

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Iadn43

Reaction score
You really need a full kit. I don't think you'll find a company that will sell you a partial one. I don't know if you're going to be able to piece meal it together and keep the geometry correct. All of the suspension mounting points, steering linkage, and the diff need to drop. ALL OF IT. The inner to outer tie rod angle is also important. What you have going on with the tie rod angles will introduce enough bumpsteer where a little bump in the road will put you in the next lane into oncoming traffic at 60mph.

This is coming from a lifelong collision repair guy that's pretty well versed in suspension damage, drive-ability issues and diagnosis/repair.

Do yourself a favor and get an engineered kit.

Sorry guy, safety first. Not only yours but the family of 4 beside you. Never take the short cut on suspension or steering.
Yea I pretty much decided too go ahead and order a whole new kit.

DallasTahoe

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I may try too do the diff drop first. That way if it works I can be out 80 bucks from rough country vs 700

Rough country won’t sell just the diff drop kit, i emailed them the other day because I wanted to put one in but they only give it with their 2-3in lift kit. They won’t sell anything in that kit separately

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Iadn43

Reaction score
Rough country won’t sell just the diff drop kit, i emailed them the other day because I wanted to put one in but they only give it with their 2-3in lift kit. They won’t sell anything in that kit separately

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That’s what they originally told me but then I called and they said they will. You just have too talk too the person who knows what they’re doing. I have it saved on my file with them.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
I may try too do the diff drop first. That way if it works I can be out 80 bucks from rough country vs 700

Dude, you've been told what you need to do. Either do it right, or return it to stock. You're going to get someone killed piecing parts together, trying to save a buck.

Iadn43

Reaction score
Dude, you've been told what you need to do. Either do it right, or return it to stock. You're going to get someone killed piecing parts together, trying to save a buck.

Well if I put it on and have it aligned and everything is safe then it’s good, if not then I will buy the kit. Did I say I was going too put it on and regardless if it works drive it across America and back ? It’s not even a daily driver.

Hipster

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The diff drop only addresses the cv angles nothing else.

Even if someone can get the proper measurements with the vehicle static on an alignment bench in no way, shape , or form does that mean that the geometry is correct or the vehicle is going to drive as expected as the suspension works through it's travel dynamically. The toe is going to be all over the place as the suspension cycles.

An alignment tech worth his salt is not going to touch it for liability reasons.

1989GMCSIERRA

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You have little to no suspension down travel. What you’re feeling is the arms pulling down on the rest of the suspension and everything hitting and binding up because you have the T bars cranked too much. What you have is the opposite of someone doing a extreme lowering and their suspension having little to no up travel.

You need to lower the suspension and get some down travel. A diff drop won’t do anything. Well that isn’t right. I guarantee you that your CV shafts will thank you, .

Iadn43

Reaction score
Okay so for anyone still following this thread here’s what I did, I un cranked the t bars and did the diff drop. Everything seems correct now and hopefully I can find time too get too alignment shop. And don’t worry, I have not been driving it like this. I know some one would have mentioned that lol