Feels like rolling over something after extended a arms

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Iadn43

Reaction score
Okay so about a year ago I ordered a cheaply eBay kit. Big mistake. It came with keys and blocks. I then added shocks. I then realized the ride was so rough because the a arm sat on the bump so I ordered the extended a arms from protunesuspension.com. After doing so I do have a bit more space between the a arm and the bump but when I roll it feels as if I’m going over something and my tires now in and out. I’m assuming that it’s because I’m badly out of alignment. I took the truck too get aligned and they said that they could not do it. My real question here is if I get a diff drop will if fix my axle angle enough so I can have it aligned and hopefully fix this clunk?

DallasTahoe

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
No diff drop won’t help, you’ve got to lower it down a bit, you’ve got it cranked too high. Do you have shock extenders?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Iadn43

Reaction score
No diff drop won’t help, you’ve got to lower it down a bit, you’ve got it cranked too high. Do you have shock extenders?

No I don’t have shock extenders I have the skyjacker black max extended shocks. Would doing the diff drop and lowering the keys help ? I noticed when I put on the new a arms it lifted the front of the truck higher as well

DallasTahoe

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
No I don’t have shock extenders I have the skyjacker black max extended shocks. Would doing the diff drop and lowering the keys help ? I noticed when I put on the new a arms it lifted the front of the truck higher as well

The arms won’t lift it, that’s done by the keys. The only thing a diff drop will do is make your cv angles less aggressive, won’t do anything for the ride or height. I removed all of my bump stops so nothing will bump into them. If your uppers are sitting on them maybe take them out and see if it helps

Iadn43

Reaction score
The arms won’t lift it, that’s done by the keys. The only thing a diff drop will do is make your cv angles less aggressive, won’t do anything for the ride or height. I removed all of my bump stops so nothing will bump into them. If your uppers are sitting on them maybe take them out and see if it helps

This is my current axle.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
That looks terrible...

Iadn43

Reaction score
That’s why I was going too do the diff drop and lower the tortion keys. Will that fix it or is it wishful thinking ?

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Lowering the keys will definitely help, and give you a better ride.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Just saw that you said you bought an eBay lift with keys. That's part of your issue here. You can already crank to the limits of the suspension with the factory keys that come on these trucks. Aftermarket keys won't gain you any more height. I'd throw that stuff in the garbage and put factory keys back on it if I were you. Looks like you're trying to squeeze way more lift out of them than you should be.