can you make a 305 fast

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JJZ71

OBS for life
Reaction score
Forget fast, at least put it on the side burner! Go for torque.

Super Silvi 1990

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
305s are good for light to light runs after they are built like ragemc's they rap up alot faster than a 350. That being said youll top out faster which means a built 350 will pass you at the end of a quarter mile or so. Also youll max out a 305 potential much faster than a 350. And then if you do max out a 350 you can do a little trimming (33 cubs to be precise) and have a 383 which can put out some huge numbers like 500-600 if done right.

BOTMAN

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yep with a thing call money.

But how far you'll willing to go with engine is up to you, sure you could swap it out for a 350, big block, or hell an LSX.

BOTMAN

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have a intercooler that I was going to fab up but after bagging the truck and putting wheel tubs in it just going to take more planning to do it. With the 50 shot of nitrous it really moves well

No room behind the bumper for one?

GA5700

Reaction score
To the OP I think your doing the right thing. For your age and what your job entails I would just ride the 5.0l until it gives out. But again, do what makes you happy. :cool:

Last edited:

GA5700

Reaction score

Well honestly I'll bet that eventually he would have been able to break into high 11's. The truck looks like it was definitely set up to do so and from what I gather was nicely built. I'm willing to bet he was being smart and playing it safe so if any KR suddenly spiked a piston would not come out to say "hello". Like I said a very respectable time. 12.2 is moving.

Last edited:

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
If you're going to spend the money to make a 305 fast you should just spend it on building a stroker.