305 TBI Header (?)s

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jroctizzle

Reaction score
I have a clean, standard bore roller 305 block that is destined to get a 3.875" stroke at some point in the future.

Long tubes are better for low-end torque. Tri-Ys even more so. Short tubes are better than manifolds, but tri-ys or long tubes make more power everywhere.
I guess the info on headers I came across proved to be inaccurate then, good to know!

1989GMCSIERRA

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
This is probably the route I am going to take. But I also like to do things that people say not to waste time on. My last car was a 2005 Dodge Stratus with the dreaded 2.7L V6. I did some mods and it went from a slow little cruiser to something with a little pep and a sound system that rattled windows with no subs. Did I waste money? You better believe I did. Did I have fun doing it? Damn skippy. That's all I want to do. I may not be a mechanic but turning a wrench is as close to zen as I can get. I'm not building a drag and drive truck for Sick Week. I just want something I can say is MINE when asked. Whether someone is asking " Who drives that pos?" Or "Who's nice truck is that?" I look that person in the eye and claim it with pride. Thank you for your input it is appreciated. It shows you care about your own vehicle and enjoy owning it.
It’s all good man. I actually like stock looking trucks. I don’t have a issue buying thjgs I need. For example my camping hunting truck has a bed cap and a winch larger all terrain tires and auxiliary lights. It’s set up for camping/overland travel.

Good luck with your mods. I would research what works and what doesn’t so you don’t waste money on bad mods.

89Sierra305

Reaction score
It’s all good man. I actually like stock looking trucks. I don’t have a issue buying thjgs I need. For example my camping hunting truck has a bed cap and a winch larger all terrain tires and auxiliary lights. It’s set up for camping/overland travel.

Good luck with your mods. I would research what works and what doesn’t so you don’t waste money on bad mods.
Yeah I'm doing all the research I can before I waste money on anything that may break my truck.