Black90Sport Build Log

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

98BlackSierra

Lifelong Chevy Owner
Reaction score
I remember when you started fixing her up years ago on FSC. Glad to see you're giving it some attention. Look forward to the updates.

black90sport

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yea it needs another round of work and needs to be put away proper this time. All in all I think it went mainly unused for about 8 or so years some inside and some outside storage. My goal this time is to make it more reliable than as pretty as it used to be. Still plan on doing a 2wd swap so as long as I can take it on the interstate or more than an hour away and not be worried about making it back ill be happy. Really need to figure out something with the rear brakes. I dont like the price of conversion to disc with a kit and will not rebuild the drums so im stuck a bit.

black90sport

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well i finally got the bed off yesterday. I have been PB blasting quite a few bolts on the rear end for the last week (shackles, leaf springs, shocks, sway bar, sway bar end links, exhaust hangers). Everything except the lower shackle mount came out with out TOO much work. I am stuck trying to give it another day or two to see if the bolts will release from the bushing sleeves. If not ill have to cut the bolts and get some new bushings pressed in. The exhaust is starting to get some serious cancer but with my plans to do a 2wd swap and LSx motor in the future ill leave it until it has holes in it.

Also pictured is my stainless steel exhaust tips that i am going to try to polish back up after all the suspension work is done.

You must be registered for see images attach

black90sport

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
After ripping apart the rear suspension i ended up deciding to replace the hangers and ordered new bell tech 6700 shackles to change the drop to 1 inch. They should be here tomorrow to wrap everything up. Waiting for paint to dry and shackles and should be back on the ground tomorrow

black90sport

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well I got the entire rear end situated. New shackles and hangers, new hardware for the sway bar and end links, new shocks, lifted back up an inch and rolling. I tried to clean up the exhaust tips as well but it will need a new full exhaust at some point cause i have a hole or two and its a little too loud. I also got a new bezel for the dash and all put back together inside. Next is going to be getting my front shocks installed, new front endlinks (one broke) and new pads and anything else I find once I get it apart.

black90sport

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks hoping to get the front end finished up by this weekend and then figure out what other work i want to get done before it goes to the painter to clean up some things then start a real search for a 2wd frame.

black90sport

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Truck got a little side tracked as I was saving money and successfully purchased my first house. Since my last update i was able to completely rebuild the rear brakes, replace rear axle seals, new rear brakelines, new fuel pump and fuel sending unit. Also got the front shocks replaced, bled the front brakes, and put on new front endlinks to replace the worn/broken ones. Got the bed back on and the lights wired back up! She is ready to hit the road again!! All that i have left now is to get it detailed and some final interior work with seatbelts and audio.

98BlackSierra

Lifelong Chevy Owner
Reaction score
That was a pretty quick turnaround. Didn't think you'd already have it ready to drive.