94 tbi new build high idle data log nothin

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GmTard89

Reaction score
New build truck stock 94 k2500 350
got it on the road friday after 1 year build ran ok no problems, went to move sat morning high idle 1100 .
swapped iac tps and map no change other than better baro reading.
so I fired up tunerpro and every thing looks good other than code 44 o2 lean/ 34 map low/42 ignition error
cleared them after new map swap and no codes no improvement im out of ideas . no obvious vacuum leaks . help i can provide any sensor data or logs thanks

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
no codes no improvement im out of ideas . no obvious vacuum leaks . help i can provide any sensor data or logs thanks
What is your commanded IAC steps when idling? If it's down at zero, you have a vacuum leak. Check your throttle body shaft for slop. The TB to manifold gasket is a common area for leaks.

GmTard89

Reaction score
...and verify coolant temp sensor. If the temp sensor is showing a false low temp, the computer may be deliberately running "fast idle".
I verified this morning the coolant sensor was the same as ambient Air temperature

GmTard89

Reaction score
What is your commanded IAC steps when idling? If it's down at zero, you have a vacuum leak. Check your throttle body shaft for slop. The TB to manifold gasket is a common area for

What is your commanded IAC steps when idling? If it's down at zero, you have a vacuum leak. Check your throttle body shaft for slop. The TB to manifold gasket is a common area for leaks.
I think it was the IAC even after swapping it out with two other ones I think the wiring might be playing an issue it just started up when I went to take another dats log and idled fine took it for a drive for over an hour and it still seems to be good it was around 65 counts and 40ish when warmed up when the IAC is functioning properly I'll keep it updated after work tomorrow

GmTard89

Reaction score
Thanks for the help everything seems fine today the iac didnt act up nice idle.