Black90Sport Build Log

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

white97

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
nice truck fellow Indiana resident some time next year in the summer take your truck to Greenwood at a place called the Suds. they had a show this year called Save Our Suds (SOS) and it brought in over 500 cars. you got to get their early to not be in the grass. I'm skipping church next year and getting their early

black90sport

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
thanks. ill have to try to make it if i have time. Finally got her in the shop tonight to figure out how bad she really is now. Already quite a few more parts I am going to have to pick up. I did get the power steering pump and lines swapped today, replaced my coolant temp gauge, did an LED update on the gauges and ripped out the electric fans to build a more stable and visually appealing mounting system.

black90sport

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well after a fiasco of figuring out my coolant temp gauge and sender I finally got a bit done on the truck. New power steering pump and lines, new coolant temp gauge, and new sender got finished up today. I also was able to go to the junkyard and got 3 of the 5 things I was hoping to find. New dome light, truck hasn't had one since i took it apart about 8 years ago and when i took it apart anything that was plastic cracked. Also found out when I removed my cluster that when the truck had originally had audio equipment put into it (at least 20 years ago) they broke the mounting points for the HVAC controls and had duct tape to hold it in place. Luckily I was smarter than the rest of the guys at the junk yard cause a commercial truck in the back of the yard had the proper HVAC control unmolested.

I still need a good bit of interior parts but I'm in no rush for those so they will be last on the list.

Over the long weekend I am hoping to get a full tune up done then its onto the suspension and brakes.

You must be registered for see images attach

black90sport

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It just gets more and more embarrassing. Over the years i put in a high output ALT and a higher CCA battery for what i thought was a faulty electrical system, come to find out it was my starter. Replaced the starter today and the truck fires up faster than my Avalon now! Also gave her an oil change, a bath and taking some headlight restorer to all the lens on the front of the truck as well as trying to get the interior back into driving shape is on the docket for the upcoming week.

black90sport

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Still working through getting the truck back road worthy. She went out on her first short drive today to get some fresh gas in the tank. Drove the best it has since I have owned it. Still need to clean the IAC valve and throw in a fuel filter before I am done with engine work. When I got the truck back out it had no interior lights, hasnt in years and years. I went through and updated all interior lights including the cluster with LED lights. Excuse the mess as the truck is torn apart to clean some things up and removing the cluster I broke a few parts that I am trying to source still.

black90sport

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks man. Still a long way to go to get her up to the place I did when i finished it years ago. I did take her out for her first real road trip since doing all the tune up, clean up, and maintenance work. Ran like a champ. Just need to raise the back an inch or two and straighten up a few things on the interior before i begin fabbing the mount for my LS1 e-fans. After that I can get to making it look pretty again.